Favorite Golf Hole?

#16 at Torrey Pines North. Beautiful scenery and fits my shape shot 😜

Torrey Pines #3 on the South.

D33832FB-61CC-461E-85CD-52409AAD84B0.jpeg

17th at Bay course Kapalua 91F52DD3-7E9D-415F-8450-31CB725B914A.jpeg

18 at St Andrews. I lipped out my birdie putt and there was a crowd around the green that groaned. Still my favorite golf moment. This is after I was in the Road Hole bunker and grazed the lip to pop the ball up in the air and land soft 2 ft for my par. Fantastic day of golf there.
1613864305879.png

Tobacco Road hole #11
My favorite course..I hit what I thought was a great drive but ended up in the waste area. Then hit another shot and ended up in the "pit of despair" aka 40ft deep sand pit. It was a crazy hole that I loved!

18th hole at Wynn golf course in Vegas. It was a par 3 about 150ish. The picture doesn't show it but the carry is almost all over water. Very fun hole, especially with the waterfall in the background.
20200914_113140.jpg

I'll add another one to the list for #3 at Mauna Kea.

This is one of the best openers I have ever played. Hole 1 at Currahee Club in Toccoa Georgia. It's a long par 5 downhill to green with water behind at the bottom of the slope tucked behind the trees to the right of those 3 bunkers way down the hill.IMG_5554-1.jpg

Will have to think about it more but #7 at Streamsong Blue was pretty cool. I actually stuck it only 15 ft from the flag, then had to walk across a ricketty bridge over a swamp with several visible gators to try and make bird. Of course I missed but par not bad for this one.

7E8F4522-992B-4466-AAE1-48721CE889ED.jpeg
it’s not the smallest or most difficult green but there are plenty of undulations and you can’t miss in any direction and get up and down easily.

Here are other (better) views:

streamsong_1.jpg

1573162669487.jpeg

16 at TPC Scottsdale. The stands were up when we played. Watching it every year it was fun to play the hole. They should add speakers and add crowd noise you can activate when you tee off with a booing or cheering option after the shot. That would be perfect lol.8A3C9ED0-C22D-4FF1-BD95-554A32E6EDC7.png Tha

Hole #2 at Kilmarlic Golf Club in OBX. 165 yard shot with water on the entire left side. Played it right after the hurricane that came through last August. Great track!! IMG_20200807_082631_307.jpg

There are so many spectacular holes at Rum Point, in Ocean City.... but #18 is just a fun and memorable way to finish a round after a Boy’s Weekend Event...

Probably my favorite course down there when you combine the holes and views off the water.

#12 at Arthur hills. Playing in the gauntlet my first THP event this hole scared me beforehand on the overview. But I was the only one to finish the hole . Piped a straight drive along the left side of the fairway and flip wedge and barely missed the birdie putt too.

I thought about picking a hole from one of the famous PGA courses I've played, then I thought I would pick the longest hole from Meadow's Farms, but somebody beat me to it. So, I'm gonna go with the 18th hole at McLemore Country Club. Playing above the clouds is one fo the coolest finishing holes on the planet.
McLemore_18BMod2_10-19-Edit-Edit_HighResolution_SMALL.jpgMcLemore_18N-Pano_6-20_WebReady.jpg

I will have to go with #16 at Mission Inn El Campeon. Played it twice in a THP Experience and made birdie on it both times.

Not sure if it's my favorite, but I look forward to playing it when ever I'm in the area. I have so many favorites. I will say it's unique.

Country View GC outside of Vale Oregon. It's a converted cow (?) pasture the owner turned into a 9 hole golf course. I believe its the 4th (?) hole. It's been several years since I played it.

Just a little par three. The tee box is maybe 80'feet. Above the green, with the fairway level with the tee box. Just before the green, the fairway ends with the green 80' feet below. A little creek runs by the green

There's quite a few trees protecting this green, with their canopy pretty much level with the fairway. Maybe higher by now.

I originally thought the best way to play the hole was to carry most of the fairway, letting the ball roll off the fairway, and down the embankment to the green. The down hill roll to the green was "iffy" due to the trees, and bumpy terrain. Too much club rolled the ball past the green. Not enough club left the ball short on the down slope.

After a several failed attempts at par, or better, I figured out the best way to play this hole was to carry the ball to point over the tree canopy, and just let it drop, and fall through tree limbs onto the green. This usually gave me a chance at a two putt par. Sometimes a one putt bird. I never lost a ball in the tree limbs.

Yeah, it's a tricked up hole, and not something you would normally see on a normal golf course, but it did require some imagination on my part. I like having to use my imagination when playing golf.

I will be up in that area next month for a family "celebration of life". While there I will be playing this course again. Perhaps that hole has changed a little by now.

Last edited:
I'm fond of so many holes I just couldn't rank them. Instead I'm going with the fairly typical Pete Dye par 3 (140-ish yards) on the left side of this image. Just because I own (or at worst share) the all time scoring average on that hole; 1.00;) Hole #17 at Cottonwood Creek in Waco, TX. Flag was cut out next to the pond near the tip of that peninsula.
course-aerial.jpg

Man I'm not sure I can pick just one. As far as just a picture perfect hole of golf paradise, #7 at Clive at The Hideaway is tough to beat.

#4 at Pacific Dunes is right there too as just one of the coolest holes on the planet with the tee shot over the canyon and hugging the ocean.

1. 12 at Augusta National and 1 under for two rounds there during my medical school days while after working tourney.
Close 2nd 17/road hole at St. Andrews where I gagged a 6 foot birdie putt. Was most fun tee shot ever.

#11 at Sugarloaf in Maine. 120 foot elevation drop from box to green with stunning views.

Hole_11.jpg

The 8th hole at Pebble Beach

Tee off near the tip of the peninsula. Blind tee shot with a big rock / house as your target, with a definite number to hit. Then the 2nd shot over the cliffs - elevation change and wind come into play. What an incredible golf hole. Just phenomenal
1614010702613.png

Back