Favorite Golf Phrase

"I snatched bogey from the jaws of par" after a bad 3 putt or duffed chip or something.
"Nice lay up" after laying the sod over one.
"I think it opens up over there" when a buddy slices one so far off the course you'd need a full S&R Team to find it.

That's a good miss.

My dad has a collection of 1-liners he's been using for years...but I don't think any of them are appropriate on a family forum lol.
I think his #1 is "that's a bank teller shot...short, fat, and ugly."

"Your the Man" would be my favorite phrase.
It's a compliment we pay to the guy with the longest (on the fairway) drive.
Once in a while they say it to me.

Favorite golf phrase:

Son of a biscuit eater!

My personal fav

“That’s a golf shoot”.

Well yeah, we are not playing hockey here.. haha

"You should be able to find it, it opens up over there...."

I like my favorite Harry Doyle phrase “just a bit outside” when someone misreads a putt badly.

One I like to say when I see a good shot “Ats a good chot lad” in my best Scottish voice.

“There’s no way you can hit them”!

It's not a known phrase but my brother says this all the time around the green when his shot turns out bad: "I hit it exactly where I wanted to". We now saying it for him after a bad chip....lol

another thing I love saying after a bit of a chunky shot by me or the playing partners is to say "Just playing to a number."

I don't know why I find it so funny.

"Ready Golf"

Live.It.Preach.It.

My Friend Ken will say, "I think you'll be okay...." when you are just off the fairway. He can't see very far......

Still your turn.

my favorite things to say out there have to be....

"I loved everything about that shot until I hit it"
and
"Nice miss" lmao

That’s rich. I have said something similar many times, “I don’t understand what happened, that felt so good until I swung”.

😂

No rational reason. Hardly ever hear it on the golf course but if I had a nickel for every time I hear it on tv I could retire. Enough already.
It's funny, because from a commentating perspective, it's actually a really fair assessment.

After bombing a drive and splitting the fairway I like to say “Put that in your pipe and smoke it”

My favorite one is “That’s a definite maybe.” Not sure if I heard it somewhere or made it up though.

My other is one I made up. I think. “If I yell at my ball a thousand times and it listens once it was worth it!”

Back