Favorite Greens You Have Ever Putt On?

Man I need to think. The Hideaway immediately comes to
Mind. If I take them out of the equation then I immediately think the Dye Preserve. @TexasHacker34 and I played there and they were rolling so true and broke subtly.

Man I need to think. The Hideaway immediately comes to
Mind. If I take them out of the equation then I immediately think the Dye Preserve. @TexasHacker34 and I played there and they were rolling so true and broke subtly.

Such a great course!

The last but one time I played Del Monte the greens were on another level to anything I have played before. They were perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is easy. A few here mentioned PGA National. Those are very good and I used to play them all the time, as I lived there. But far and away, Seminole Golf Club greens in Juno Beach are the fastest and most challenging greens I've ever putted. Classic Donald Ross crowned greens and super, super fast. They are the best I've ever played and it's not even close.

I need to play more 'nice' courses, but my home club is consistently some of the best greens I see. Being bent grass in the middle of Texas probably has something to do with it.

The greens at Merion are some of the smoothest surfaces I have ever been on, the breaks are subtle and you need to hit a good putt to get a good result.

Have to say I have 2 places that have been the purest I’ve ever been on. Merion and Philadelphia Cricket. Truest, purest I’ve ever had the chance to roll.

PGA National and the Conservatory were excellent. I was amazed at how much speed the greens at PGAN retained after all the rain Friday night and Saturday. Conservatory’s greens weren’t overly fast but rolled so smoothly.

It’s been a lot of years but the greens on the Hogan course at Trophy Club were very good.

The first time I played Stone Canyon, a Greg Norman course here in KC. The whole course was superb, but the greens were the king. By far the best greens I ever played on. Unfortunately, the next time we went, it was just another course with money trouble. Hopefully the new owners have turned it around.

I’ve only played public courses. Wouldn’t know what great greens look like. My local club is decent at times.

Sea Island Sea Side has the best greens (just edging out Kiawah Island). The are just as pure rolling as you could want and they are always in spectacular condition. With that said there is a local course (Southern Landings) that has some of the best greens I have played just about anywhere. I think they are better than East Lake.

Hands down in Shadow Creek in Las Vegas. With as little play as it sees, the greens stay in pristine and pure condition. My caddie could tell me to stop the ball in a particular place and it would just go in.

Harvester in Iowa. Those things were pristine and quick!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Torreon Golf Club circa 2001-2010. I would have put them up against any greens on the planet (including Augusta National). They were absolutely immaculate.

Pebble, Firestone or PGA National for me.

Caledonia I remember having really nice greens, but it was long ago and I was a bad putter and new to Bermuda greens.

So I'm going to say Aiken GC in Aiken, SC. Really fun green complexes that are, simply put, not easy.

Long time ago I’d say Northwood in Dallas. Good gawd those things were money.

Spyglass in 2018 the week before the US Am were amazing

Newcastle Golf Club in Seattle were great last year

Pelican Hill ditto

Hideaway
Torrey
Country Club of Columbus
Grand National
Echelon

Both courses at the Hideaway were pristine, I've rolled nice greens, but they were on another level

Bethpage Black very soon after both Opens. Immaculate.

Kiawah Island Ocean Course. So darn true.

True Blue in Myrtle right after they installed their new greens. They were magnificent.

Locally, Pine Hollow here in Clayton. Amazingly slick, incredibly consistent.

Played there once behind the PGA's Carl Pettersson. Post round we chatted a bit and I asked him how Pine Hollow's greens compare to the typical tour stop.

He said that he targets Pine Hollow to play when in the area, despite the fact that it's a sub 7k yard course, specifically because of the greens.

He said that PH's greens may be just a bit slower than preferred (mind boggling, they're lightening fast AFAIC!!!) but that "nobody would ever complain about them. They're fast, true and consistent from green to green."

Cool.

Great question but so many have been off the charts that difficult to name even a few. Greenskeepers just have so much information and technology to do their job and do it well. Doesn’t even have to be a high priced course if you have the right super.

Nothing comes to mind except I like the faster more challenging greens even though I suck at them.

Ross Bridge in Birmingham for me. They were just so pure and fast. They also had by far the nicest putting green I have ever seen. I don't think I have ever seen a putting green even 1/2 as nice as theirs anywhere else.

Champion course at PGA National had the best greens I’ve ever putted on.

Not sure. I putted so terribly for my first few years that it was hard to see anything on a green other than hulk rage. Aesthetically I liked Caledonia, True Blue, Bear Creek, and Black Bull. They were all likely the most consistent of courses I have played.

Back