Favorite Hole at Augusta

⛳ Hole #3, 350 Par 4 - possibly the most under rated & over looked hole on the course; its also the one that's been changed the least making it as close to the original design as any hole on the course.

The best answer! That’s where we’ve sat and roamed from when we’ve been able to go. Our spot is right over the pond from the Sunday hole location, first row.
When I do make it to Augusta that is where I will Spend some time. Just made me really jealous!

⛳ Hole #3, 350 Par 4 - possibly the most under rated & over looked hole on the course; its also the one that's been changed the least making it as close to the original design as any hole on the course.
I did not know that. It does say a lot about the design that it’s stood the test of time.

Before I went, I had seen little of the front nine. TV coverage has always concentrated on the back nine, and on Sunday, it is where the tournament is won and lost. Walking the front nine was an eye opener, and I was impressed at the variety and the slopes. 10 may be the biggest downhill drop, but 2 and 6 are not far behind. I am in love with 6 , as I stood next to the tee when Woosie teed of with two others, and stood there for over an hour until Tiger ,Rory and others teed off, at the front of a six deep crowd. Watching 40 top pros play a hole helps you appreciate it, and with great up and downs and a four putt by Sergio you felt you you enough to avoid it!

No 6 is my favourite........especially if the pin is on the ridge back right.

6th Augusta.jpg

So let’s here what your favorite hole at Augusta is & why?
That’s a great question 😃. Mine would be 15th. Distance wise a comfortable hit in 2 if you’re on the fairway, but holding that green with a second shot?! 😊

#16 for me, see all of the reasons above, but also just for the fun of the skipped shots across the water in practice rounds. Shots like Rahm's HIO skipped across the water live in my head rent-free for sure!

Second favorite would have to be #12. #12 is unbelievably gorgeous, the TV honestly doesn't even do it justice. Plus, I think it is such a tough hole that has had so many massive implications to the winner over the years. Tough hole with tough wind, early enough in the round that it can spur a massive comeback (I'm looking at you Tiger ;)).

#12 is reputed to be the most photographed hole at Augusta National. I like it.

1 thru 18. The par 3 course is pretty cool too. Much different in person then on tv.

12, 13, 15 get most of the attention and deservedly so. 3 is great because they can try and drive the green or lay up to a smallish undulating green.

No love for 17 eh? Haha.

I think I choose 15. Eagles and doubles and everything in between.

My favorite is Redbud #16 Par 3.
So much drama has taken place on this hole & feel it will be a game changer this year as well.
View attachment 9001748

I have to agree with you :) this is a fabulous hole. The amount of slope on it isn't really seen on TV & thinking of how precise they need to be in order to be on the right level is just amazing to me. Plus it may be one of the only greens in regulation I might be able to hit :ROFLMAO:

I really enjoy #6 with the tee shot from the top of the hill to one of the more interesting greens on the course.
Came here to post this. #6 is a great spectator hole with an interesting perspective of sitting at the base of the hill the tee
is on and having the players hit their shots over you. Hearing the "sizzle" of the shots cutting the air, then hearing the "thwack" of contact is neat. Also a very difficult green to putt, with par a good score.

If you've walked the course, so many holes don't get talked about. 4-6 on the front, they are monsters.

4 from the back tees, it's a poke to get there! Pros hitting 4 irons and hybrids in there. Big green they plays a lot smaller.

5 is long from the back tees, plays slightly uphill and a little dog leg left. You have to see it to appreciate how tough of a hole it is.

Then you roll over to 6, plays down hill and has some serious tiers. Someone else mentioned, the back right tier is something you need to see in person!

If you've walked the course, so many holes don't get talked about. 4-6 on the front, they are monsters.

4 from the back tees, it's a poke to get there! Pros hitting 4 irons and hybrids in there. Big green they plays a lot smaller.

5 is long from the back tees, plays slightly uphill and a little dog leg left. You have to see it to appreciate how tough of a hole it is.

Then you roll over to 6, plays down hill and has some serious tiers. Someone else mentioned, the back right tier is something you need to see in person!

True. It’s very difficult to fully appreciate the 6th green until you view it in person. The different tiers and the slopes involved are not captured on tv.

Have to go with 13 or 16. Just both beautiful holes.

I've heard it's easier to pick your favorite child than you favorite hole at Augusta.

Mine is Arrow.
Check your email. :ROFLMAO:

White Dogwood is still my favorite hole.

I've always found the 16th with the back left pin to be one of the most entertaining positions on the course, but it's pretty much all about the tee shot there.

If I had to go all in on a hole, I'd probably have to follow suit with the homeboy @ddec by saying the 11th. Amen Corner starts to sink its' teeth into the field, and it's such a great challenge around the corner and down the hill. For some reason I get a great deal of entertainment out of players bailing HARD on approach out to the right haha

I've always loved #15 for some reason. The fact that Sarazen made a 2 from 232 in 1935 blows my mind and I've just always liked that hole. After that, its tough to diss #13, such a cool hole and love some of the amazing shots that have been played.

For me it's #11. The drive has a lot of options, with a shorter drive and more level approach as much in play as a long drive with a sloping approach. The approach just seems to pull toward the hazard, making a miss out right safer, but also leads to a short game shot staring right at the water with the green running away from you. There's just so much of your game that needs to be on point to make par at 11.

Additionally, from the grandstands behind 12 you can see players come off the 11 green and you can almost tell the score they made from the slump of their shoulders and try to recover ahead of their tee shot on 12.

Have to go with 13 or 16. Just both beautiful holes.
Agreed. I golf The Castle Course at Northern Bay in Wisconsin. These two holes are replicated on the course. My favorite is "Azalea" #13. Depending on your drive a go for it in two with risk-reward is possible. Or lay up with a short 85-yard wedge in. I have double-bogeyed the hole and eagled it. Par is a good score. The replica green is quick and slopes which grab your attention. With a back center pin and the ball on the lower front tier green, it is really easy to putt the ball off the green and into the trap!

The local greenskeeper has surrounded the hole with winter-hardy azaleas and sheltering Lilacs. the spring fragrance of the blooming lilacs is awesome.

#12 on paper might be the easiest hole... But sooo much drama especially lately... Beautiful hole I'd love to recreate and play on repeat.

I love #13. Just seems like so much intensity anytime someone tees off there and it's such a beautiful hole (although you could say that about all 18).

Back