Favorite movie few people have heard of

What dreams may come.
Be warned. A sad movie. But I think it’s one of robin williams best work.
My wife went to this winery a couple weeks ago. They had an exhibit of famous people's clothing. They had Robin Williams' jacket from that movie on display.
IMG_0973.jpg

The Best of the Best

3 New Zealand films;

This Quiet Earth - Sci-Fi post apocalyptic film
What We Do In the Shadows - Vampire spoof film turned into series
Hunt For the Wilderpeople - Staring Sam Neil and Julian Dennison (kid from Dead Pool 2)

All really good films

A few more come to mind:

Blood Simple (Coen brothers' first movie)
Rocky Horror Picture Show (Tim Curry was fantastic)

two excellent movies here. rocky horror has a soft spot in my heart. my dad and uncle used to put this movie on late at night and let me stay up to watch it with them. i couldn’t have been more than 9 or 10. it wasn’t until i was an adult that they told me they were high af every time lol

What dreams may come.
Be warned. A sad movie. But I think it’s one of robin williams best work.

it is so sad but also so beautiful and sweet. very good flick.

Bloodsport - VanDamme at his VanDammest
Downfall - movie about Hitler’s final days (plus, a great meme came out of this movie)

Same one I mentioned last night The Stunt Man and I would also say the behind the scenes documentary of pumping iron.

Loved The Stunt Man! Haven’t seen that in decades.

I thought the HBO documentary Momentum Generation (about the Kelly Slater surfing group of friends) was awesome

They've both been mentioned here, but The Last Starfighter and Top Secret are two favorites.

Another is PCU (Jeremy Piven, David Spade), and another that while it's obvious why it didn't get critical acclaim, was hilarious...Brain Donors.

They've both been mentioned here, but The Last Starfighter and Top Secret are two favorites.

Another is PCU (Jeremy Piven, David Spade), and another that while it's obvious why it didn't get critical acclaim, was hilarious...Brain Donors.
Last Starfighter.....good call

Loved those movies. I was surprised when I stumbled across them without any guidance or recommendations from anyone.
I remember discovering Equilibrium by accident while perusing movie trailers around the time it came out. I made my way to the only theater that was screening it, and have loved it ever since. It was during the Matrix hangover, and it was the perfect action movie cure.

In Bruges I was excited about from the beginning. I first saw the script when it came over to Focus - and then when I heard who they were after I knew it was a must see (Ralph Fiennes is an absolute treasure.) It really is a fantastic film that I just revisited a few weeks ago. The music is top notch too!

Donny Darko - maybe this one doesn’t qualify as under the radar.

I think it definitely flew under the radar when it was first released. I agree it was an amazing picture. It gained some traction later on with a push from the studio, and a director's cut re-release when Jake Gyllenhaal started to become a household name.

The Virgin Suicides &
Eyes Wide Shut

Might also fit this topic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Both solid pictures. Not sure about few having heard of them as they were both (but especially Eyes Wide Shut) extremely high profile films (with legendary directors.) I'd like to revisit Virgin Suicides.

My favorite low budget / low box office movie ever is Clerks. Other Kevin Smith films that did not garner a ton of commercial success but were very enjoyable: Mallrats and Chasing Amy.

Another that was not a big box office blockbuster but I really enjoyed was Beautiful Girls.
Clerks was groundbreaking. It set the bar for independent filmmakers around the world. I'm not sure there's anyone out there who hasn't heard of Clerks.

... Here are to more quirky, strange and very enjoyable unknown films:

Clay Pidgeons starring Joaquin Phoenix and Vince Vaughn

Freeway starring Reese Witherspoon

Clay Pidgeon's is a Fantastic movie.

Trees Lounge - written, directed and starring Steve Buscemi (1996). Have been a fan of him since.

The Brothers McMullen - more people may have seen this one. Ed Burns went to my high school, and is just a few years older than me, so it’s been interesting following his career.

Heaven Help Us - going to an all boys Catholic high school, this was required viewing. Kevin Dillon was hilarious in this one.

Clerks was groundbreaking. It set the bar for independent filmmakers around the world. I'm not sure there's anyone out there who hasn't heard of Clerks.
I agree. A good majority of the movies that have been mentioned in this thread I have heard of and seen. Was just pointing out some really good movies without much box office success.

How about this one, Local Boys. Good movie with Mark Harmon, the year before the first season of NCIS, Eric Christian Olsen (later became Marty Deeks on NCIS Los Angeles), and even a bit part by surf guitar legend Dick Dale (as the surf shop owner).

41B3SM958BL._SY445_.jpg

Dagon - A pretty creepy Lovecraft story. Also, Cabin in the Woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few in no particular order...
Ruthless People
The Cooler
Timeline
Billy Jack

A few in no particular order...
Ruthless People
The Cooler
Timeline
Billy Jack

Definitely Billy Jack.