Favorite non-flat lie?

Bryndom

2023 Grandaddy X!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
Do you find it easier to hit the ball above your feet or below?

I‘ve always found it easier with the ball below my feet over above it. Just something about being able to extend a bit more seems more natural than pulling it up short

If I had to choose I prefer the ball above my feet rather than below

I had great success this year with a comically wide squatty stance to hit the ball below my feet. I seem to have more success with those lies than a ball above my feet.

Definitely above, choke up on the club and take my normal stance and swing.

Between the two I would prefer above my feet. Feel like I can shorten my grip and still put a decent swing on it without too much adjustment. Below my feet I am reaching and then bring in all sorts of other variables.

To me (all else equal) it's easier to stay in balance with the ball above my feet than below. Ball above the feet requires a more around the body (flatter) swing. Both are doable, but with ball below your feet lies you really have to pay attention to the setup so you don't end up with your weight over your toes.

I‘ve always found it easier with the ball below my feet over above it. Just something about being able to extend a bit more seems more natural than pulling it up short
I want it above my feet, I know it will draw and can adjust easier.

Above, you can choke down on club.
Below, gotta bend your knees more, get your body low, far more difficult if you ask me.

Above for me. I have a bad habit of standing up. As you might imagine ball below the feet isn't the best for that problem.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Below. I already fight a hook enough and above just exaggerates that for me and usually adds a pull to the equation.

Below is better for me. I generally chunk it when it's much above my feet and I try choke up!

Last year I would have said above, but if you play to position here it seems like the ball is above your feet constantly. I'm kinda over it. If you have the lefts on any given day it gets really old. Plus, ball above your feet in the rough here sucks. Coming in flat on thick Bermuda isn't the best strategy. I'll take it below and

Below, I can generally stay down on the ball and worst case scenario is I top it and it still goes in the general direction I was aiming. Anything above and I am liable to hook it and that could go anywhere

I prefer the downhill side lie. Had a few today and pulled off some miraculous shots.

My favorite shot in golf.

Fluffy lie in the rough? Ball above my feet, and forced to hit a big sweeping hook with a long iron?

I love that shot. It’s one if the lie is right I can easily pull off 90%+. I’ve hit some of my most amazing (to me) shots of my life with this type of situation.

Above my feet. I can choke up, sometimes take a shorter club, and I get a pretty reliable result. I just feel like I.m doing too many things when the ball is below my feet, and I worry more about the fade/slice. I have my best results with the ball below my feet when I go one club longer and take an easy swing.

Given the two options, I’ll take above my feet. Choke down, take a normal swing... I’ve had some beautiful shots that way.

I want it above my feet, I know it will draw and can adjust easier.
Yep, I have hit some terrific shots with the ball above my feet. When it is below my feet I feel like I really have to concentrate just to make sure I get clean contact. Those balls can get weak and fadey in a hurry.

I prefer below my feet. It’s too easy to hit it fat when it’s above, and I also tend to pull it more.

And in other un-level lie news, I’ll take an uphill lie over a downhill lie any day.

If uneven lie, I want it slightly above my feet in a fluffy lie. I find that the easiest uneven lie to make solid contact.

slightly above my feet would be my preference in this instance...... below my feet is destined to be problematic...

Up hill!!!

I'm prone to lifting anyway so ball above the feet is easier for me.

Back