Favorite non-flat lie?

While I like the feel of the "down and through" swing required for a ball below my feet, I still believe that I prefer to have the ball above.

I prefer ball above my feet. Able to choke down and make better contact more often.

I practice hitting all types of ball lies. I spend more time on the non flat ones.

I suppose the easiest for me is an uphill lie, where my front foot is noticeably higher than my rear foot.

If I had to choose I prefer the ball above my feet rather than below

I agree. It’s much to get in a comfortable stance with the ball above your feet.

None lol

Really depends upon the severity of the above or below. The worst for me is downhill lie and needing to carry over a water hazard.

Definitely an uphill lie.

Definitely below. I always seem to get a real case of the fats when the ball is above my feet, and hook is much more pronounced than the fade coming off a ball below scenario. Just more confident about where I'm going to need to hit it. Playing links golf here in Scotland, there is never ever a flat lie, even a drive straight down the middle is going to give you a wonky lie.

Hate the ball below my feet. When it is above my feet, fits my natural draw swing and I feel very comfortable with that lie/shot.

I don't like either one. But if I had to pick one I would prefer below my feet. I've hit some pretty bad ones when its above my feet. I typically have my hands a little lower on the grip. I just make the club a little longer and spread my stance. Seems to be better than above my feet.

I do tend to defy the natural order of things though. Instead of going right when its below my feet I end up pulling it left more often than not. I think maybe I'm driving the club down more than usual and end up chopping at it or something. It does feel like I dig the club head into the ground trying not to hit it too thin. I've gone from the right side of the fairway to the left a few times.

Downhill or uphill lie. They're both fun shots.

i will admit that i struggle with any lie that is not flat. not sure why but it gets in my head. below my feet i hit it thin or pull it....above my feet and i hit it fat or tug the hell out of it. mogul course are my least favorite course....i avoid them at all costs

Hanging, ball below feet lie for me. I like to fade the ball anyway so this one (if not too severe) feels even better than a flat lie sometimes.

The worst for me is a straight downhill lie - I take less club and set myself perpendicular to the slope like we're supposed to do, but I usually hit a low ball that curves too much in one direction or another.

I like the slightly above my feet on a launch pad. And if the ball is sitting up on a bit of rough and I happen to be 230-260 yards out, there is nothing I love more than launching a fairway wood off that lie. Mmmmm

Favorite non-flat is an uphill lie.

But if I have to choose only between side hill options, I'd much prefer the ball above my feet.

Back