Favorite PGA Tour Event?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Taking the majors out of the thought process (not really tour events), what is your favorite tour stop and why?

For me it’s always been The Players. Typically has one of the strongest fields & the finishing 3 holes are fantastic.

The Players for me. It usually has a heck of a field and turns into a pretty solid weekend of play.

Travelers at TPC River Highlands hits on a few marks, it was the first event I ever went to, and I'v played the course with @Scarnici

I like Riviera because of the course
I like Tournament of Champions because its comforting to get late-night views of Hawaii in early January
The Players is a good one too because there's a ton of coverage.

San Antonio, cause it's the only one i've been to and played the course.

I like the WGC at Austin Country Club.

The Players. Love the course and you get all the big names, and the new coverage where you can watch every shot is amazing.

The Players is probably too easy an answer and most likely most favorites of those not near an annual tournament. So, I am going to go with The Memorial for my favorite.

The field is very good, it's during a time that is great to play and watch golf in the Northeast and I like Jack.

Riviera. I love that event. It is such a fun and unique course. The best always so. This year was an awesome final round as well.

The Memorial for me, it's local and usually has a great field. I really enjoy being able to go and enjoy it in person as well.

For me it’s always been The Players. Typically has one of the strongest fields & the finishing 3 holes are fantastic.
Same here. Awesome venue to attend and strongest field in golf.

Waste Management.

Why?

Riviera is my favorite. The course is phenomenal and the field is very strong.

Colonial, great old school course, 75 years of history & tradition at the same venue, and because i've attended several times.

I like the Memorial. Seems like it's the best field every year in the normal tourneys. The course is really challenging and produces good weeks out of good ball strikers.

For me I think it is the Memorial. I have been to the tournament a half a dozen times and played the course the day after the event 5 times. It is an awesome fun crowd, a great golf course and it gets a really good field.

Mine has always been the Hawaiian Open. For many years, it was the season opener and nothing beats golf in Hawaii in January when we’re in the middle of winter here.

Taking the majors out of the thought process (not really tour events), what is your favorite tour stop and why?
For me, its the John Deere. Now that the Greater Milwaukee Open is no longer a tour stop, the John Deere is the closest thing to a home event for me. Not to mention its a great course and the river that runs near the course, the Rock River, is the same river that runs through where I grew up.
To me, the John Deere just says, "home" and as someone who no longer lives where he is from, its something that is very special to me.

My first reaction was The Players.

But the BMW has been fun the past few years.

Also, sheepishly, a lot of my opinion on various tour stops is from my experience playing golf video games over the decades.

Arnold Palmer Invitational. Can’t get enough of The King.

Maybe not my absolute, but I always really enjoy watching Riviera. It's a fun challenge, and watching them suffer on such a short par 4 has always entertained me. I'll have to think of some others, because I know there are a couple other spots I've enjoyed.

There was one course in Mexico that I can't remember the name of, where every shot seemed to be a forced shape that had some incredible golf played on it. that might be my runner up.

Back