Favorite Players Style CB’s Ever?

True player's CB?

Probably these. Weird that nobody hated green back then :ROFLMAO:

1015041-aaa.jpg

I've never stepped up to player's irons, but I'd definitely be giving Mizuno a long, hard look if I was in that boat. Callaway Apex would be a strong contender too.

Cleveland588CBForged_1000_0.jpg

Really starting to like this brand.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 14
The Taylor Made R7TP was a very good club also. I am not hung up on it needing to be a forged club to fit the category.

I love my z565 srixons, so I gotta go with the 765. I know their new but they look great.

Now being an owner of the Mizuno JPX 919 Tours. I have to say, they are the best looking CB irons I've seen and gamed.

My favorites are the TaylorMade P770s. I know that they were not super popular, but i had a set with SteelFiber i95 shafts and I still don’t know that I have ever hit any other iron any better. I wish I would have kept them.

EAFF9470-B346-4BB0-80CD-D8930690788B.png

Miura CB 301 were good but the TC 201 are betterIMG_3001.jpg

CMB's and J15CB

True player's CB?

Probably these. Weird that nobody hated green back then

View attachment 8936538
Ha!

I did though. Never played a Nickent club. Mostly due to ambivalence but partly due to the green.

Still a minor issue for me. Really didn't like it with the Epic and I had to chuckle at myself for still acknowledging my dislike for it just before committing to buy an Epic Flash 3W a couple of days ago.

And to answer the OP:

Mizuno MP-52 were my favorite. I still have a partial set of them, 7-PW.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Another vote for Mizuno JPX900 Forged. I am sure I would also like the 919, and the version soon to be released...

J15CB and MP18 SC. Had some SC’s and swapped them for MMCs to get some forgiveness. Regret it.

1586461964224.png1586462011825.png

I played these two forever.

My first set of irons were the Callaway Pro Series X-14 that I got when I started playing 3 years ago. I love that set but they started to wear down too much and I had to move on.

This is a great feed as I'm looking for a used set in this category probably 2-5 years old. Would love to see one of the elimination brackets on this category of irons.

DCI 962s, which I played for about twenty years, and a couple of Mizuno models that I would have liked just as much...MP53 and MP57 come to mind.
I just picked up a set of MP57’s. We’ll see if I can swing them, or if they swing me!

Another set I always wanted, but I got scared and went DPC which was by no means a bad decision.
I had the DPCs as well. I've tried different irons and even gamed some of them for decent periods of time, but I keep coming back to the J40s.

Back