Favorite Protein Powders?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is not a thread to dwell on the ingredients that one should or should not be taking, but for many, a protein drink is had for a number of different reasons be it to gain weight, to lose weight, to replace a meal or snack, etc.

What are some of your favorites and why?

Jay Robb protein powder...chocolate of course. my body builder brother in law recommends it so it is the one i use.

Back when I was working out regularly (which I'm trying to get back into), my favorite protein was Ascent. Used both the Whey and Casein versions, all the flavors I have tried taste great and was a fan of the all natural ingredients, low calories per serving, and use of native whey. Got the best fitness results I've seen in a long time by drinking a whey shake either pre/post workout and a casein shake at night before bed.

• Admin
My two favorites as of late are

Planta by Ambrosia Collective Which is a Vegan protein that tastes FANTASTIC. Low calorie and some really good flavors. They also don’t use stevia or monk fruit, which to me taste terrible. The peanut butter banana is so good.

BodyTech Fruity Cereal which is a whey protein isolate that tastes exactly like fruity pebbles. It also doesn‘t have Stevia or Monkfruit.

My favorite currently is Optimum Nutrition Performance Whey Isolate in chocolate. Easily digested, contains BCAAs for muscle synthesis, it does contain stevia, but I don't think it is too sweet. It goes well with milk or water, and typically dissolves without any problems in either.

My go to before was NOW Sports Nutrition Whey Protein Isolate in the big orange tub, either chocolate or unflavored.

I buy the big bag from costco.. I think it is muscle farm and like a 6 pound bag.. It is just the best deal and the ingredients seem like good ratios.

I don't use a powder. When I want or need a protein drink I always go the the Premier Protein drinks/shakes. I buy the ones with 30 grams of protein, 1 gram of sugar and only 160 calories. I like the chocolate flavor the best but the caramel is good too. Walmart carries them at a pretty good price.

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. Been using that for years and really like it.

You guys have to try Vade. I saw it on Shark tank... instead of scooping powder, a serving is contained in a plant cellulose bag that dissolves when put in liquid. I put it in a shaker bottle, give it 2-3 shakes, and it’s liquid. No lumps. Really cool. They have chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry versions. Online company. Each serving is 20g of protein and no calories (sweetened with sucralose).

image.jpg

I just eat eggs, lots of eggs.

After my kidney stone saga, I don't want to go through that again. So I try to avoid these:
  • plant base proteins
  • chocolate
  • stevia
I like a vanilla flavored whey formula from Stallop Formulas, a small New Jersey company. It has a small amount of stevia, but checks the other boxes. mixes up well, and has a mild flavor.

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey and MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder. I down a shake immediately after each workout.

I also throw 5g of MusclePharm BCAA into my workout water. Definitely helps with workout endurance.

Musclepharm cookies cream, with a little milk and a good bit over ice.

I use MyProtein impact whey protein. Scored well on LabDoor.

I use Optimum Nutrition gold standard whey. Bang for buck, its my best bet.
Agreed - ON is still my go-to. The Double Rich Chocolate is what I consider their best.

I really liked Eat The Bear protein powder when I was working out all the time. Most of their options were solid, but I liked their Cookies and Cream the best.

My go to was always Optimum Nutrition but lately been using Musclepharm chocolate peanut butter.

For whey this one is REALLY good.

For whey this one is REALLY good.

Love the grass fed nature of that product.
Can’t do the Stevia or Monkfruit and they have both.

Ill take all of the artificial sweeteners haha.

Back