Favorite Protein Powders?

Love the grass fed nature of that product.
Can’t do the Stevia or Monkfruit and they have both.

Ill take all of the artificial sweeteners haha.
I had another one that was grass fed and plain, unsweet that was really good as well. If I can remember where I got it, I will post it.

Love the grass fed nature of that product.
Can’t do the Stevia or Monkfruit and they have both.

Ill take all of the artificial sweeteners haha.
Same manufacturer has a plain one on Amazon. Mixes easily and seems to be a great value IMO

I had another one that was grass fed and plain, unsweet that was really good as well. If I can remember where I got it, I will post it.

Thanks. I’m enjoying the Planta so much due to the amazing taste and completely clean ingredients. Just ordered a couple of more flavors including banana maple French toast.

I like Quest. Salted Caramel and Cookies and Cream. Great for Keto too

Thanks. I’m enjoying the Planta so much due to the amazing taste and completely clean ingredients. Just ordered a couple of more flavors including banana maple French toast.
I'll have to give that a try!

I use this.
PEScience Select Low Carb Protein Powder, Strawberry Cheesecake, 27 Serving, Keto Friendly and Gluten Free

I was told that it was better because it has two types of Protein (Select Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate [comprised of casein protein and whey protein])

I've tried a ton of different ones. Optimum Nutrition and Quest were my favorites until I discovered True Nutrition. I like that you can custom mix your protein sources (I use a custom mix of whey, casein and egg protein), their prices are very reasonable, the flavors are good and it mixes well in a shaker bottle.

Here's the list of options when you go to their page to customize your protein mix:

True.png

Depends on what I am using it for:

For a Shake, Ghost Fruity Cereal Milk:

DXzUUT9UQAAk9zm.jpg

For Baking/Protein Brownies, PEScience Select Chocolate Cupcake or Cake Pop
Select_Protein_-_Choc_Cupcake_Rendering_300dpi_large.jpg
Select_Protein_-_US_-_Cake_Pop_-_27_RENDERING_FRONT_large.jpg

Syntha 6 strawberry is high quality stuff. When I was lifting 4-5 times a week.

Been taking Planta all week and love it, but added Apple Cinnamon Cereal from BodyTech and had one today and really liked it.

Been taking Planta all week and love it, but added Apple Cinnamon Cereal from BodyTech and had one today and really liked it.
Ok, I’ve not had protein powder for years... both my sons have a stash of a bunch of exotic flavors from different brands... hearing apple cinnamon cereal makes me want to try this stuff again.... 😀

I was taking Ladder protein (LeBron and Arnold's brand) for a bit but it became harder to find recently in the packets. At least on Amazon...they used to have 20 dollar off coupons all the time.

I'm still new to the protein game.

What are the reasons some of you are taking it? Bryson envy or other reasons? I'm wondering if it's helping or hurting my weight loss and muscle gain goals.

My goodness I get a tutorial on this every single night now that my son is working at GNC & keeping in shape for Fall Football.

I was taking Ladder protein (LeBron and Arnold's brand) for a bit but it became harder to find recently in the packets. At least on Amazon...they used to have 20 dollar off coupons all the time.

What are the reasons some of you are taking it? Bryson envy or other reasons? I'm wondering if it's helping or hurting my weight loss and muscle gain goals.
For me recently it’s because I don’t have time to make and eat lunch and want something very low in sugar.

If you’re getting adequate protein in your diet, protein powders are unnecessary. But if you have trouble getting all your protein in, they’re a good source of concentrated, high quality protein without all the extra calories from other food sources.

What are the reasons some of you are taking it? Bryson envy or other reasons?
"Bryson envy"
rofl.gif
Good one!

I have a protein powder shake directly after my workouts for two reasons: 1. It reduces or eliminates DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) and 2. It aids muscle recovery and building.

I'm wondering if it's helping or hurting my weight loss and muscle gain goals.
That depends on a variety of factors. E.g.: I know that, right now, protein powder is probably adding to my weight gain--or at least inhibiting weight loss. But part of the reason for that is getting that protein shortly after my workout aids muscle building. More muscle mass = more weight.

Sunday evening I get on my diet. I will
  • Eliminate all snacking and all alcoholic beverages Sunday evening through Friday afternoon.
  • Reduce meal portion sizes.
  • Interval fast at least once-a-week. Possibly two.
I will also add at least one cardio day per week. Possibly two.

With those changes to my diet I will lose weight at a rate of 1/2 to 1 pound per week and still gain muscle mass, which means I'm wiping out fat volume at better than twice the rate I'm gaining muscle mass. (Muscle weighs twice as much as fat per volume unit measure.)

My goodness I get a tutorial on this every single night now that my son is working at GNC & keeping in shape for Fall Football.
Curious what he reccomends... I like Optimum. nutrition gold... Also have muscle pharm

Weight loss comes from consuming less calories than you expend (calorie deficit). If you're in a calorie deficit and losing weight, you're not going to put on much muscle aside from a few pounds of what's referred to as "newbie gains" when you start lifting. Strength training and adequate protein intake will minimize the muscle loss as you're losing the fat in a calorie deficit.

Guys looking to put on appreciable amounts of muscle alternate between "bulking" and "cutting" phases. You need a surplus of calories (and specifically protein, which is the building block of muscle tissue) to gain muscle. It doesn't have to be a huge surplus, but there does have to be a surplus. A "clean bulk" is where you keep a minimal surplus (to minimize the fat gain along with the muscle), or you can do a "dirty bulk"/"GFH bulk" (GFH stands for 'get f***ing huge), where you shovel the calories like crazy and don't care that you gain a lot of fat along with the muscle. Then you do a "cutting phase" (calorie deficit) to lose the fat, while training and keeping your protein intake up to minimize the muscle loss. Repeat bulking and cutting until you get where you want to be.

This article is a great read on the subject, and should be read by anybody who's looking to put on muscle: https://bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/philosophies-muscle-mass-gain

Weight loss comes from consuming less calories than you expend (calorie deficit). If you're in a calorie deficit and losing weight, you're not going to put on much muscle aside from a few pounds of what's referred to as "newbie gains" when you start lifting.
That's not strictly true. You can gain muscle mass while losing fat. You can even do so at such a rate that weight loss from fat loss marginally exceeds weight gain from muscle gain. I've done it. But it requires a fairly strict regimen and you certainly won't bulk up like serious weight trainers like to do.

MyProtein
why is it my favorite?
It doesn't claim to do anything fancy, i can buy it straight from the company online store and it's outrageously cheap.

Tons of flavors, too, but they all mix differently with water/milk in terms of flat/creamy and potential clumping

Curious what he reccomends... I like Optimum. nutrition gold... Also have muscle pharm
I will ask him again today, but dread the hour long conversation. 😉

Optum & Trutein. I read an independent report a while ago that analyzed the listed label contents on a number of commercial protein powders which showed Optum & Trutein to be closest to the listed labeled grams of protein. The WalMart brand Body Fortress had 43% of its labeled protein.

This stuff tastes exactly pancake batter.

95959227-186E-4BC5-969F-533BE18EC29E.jpeg

Ive used Muscle Tech's Blended Protein powder for years. I have it as soon a I come back from my 5:00AM workout. Seems to work for me. Chocolate.

Back