Favorite retail or special order BBQ rub

We're fortunate to have a local spice shop, and their rubs are insane. I'm not sure where all they sell online. They're called Townsend Spice. Their original is perfect, but they have several others I've tried. Their brisket rub and chick dust are truly legendary.

I make my own so I can control salt and the amount of sugar. I have used Killer Hogs and 10 Bones BBQ before and like both very much.

I have found a line of seasonings that has been very good for the past 2 years or so.

Its from Big C*ck Ranch and every blend has the word Sh!t in it.

Billsh!t
Special Sh!t
Chicken Sh!t
Bad ass sh!t
No Sh!t
Aw Sh!t
Etc.

BullSh!t has been our favorite with the Special being a bit milder and more salt forward. The chicken is great too!

Has anyone tried Harry Soo's line of Slap Yo Daddy rubs? He's obviously very high on his horse with these award winning rubs so I am curious to see if anyone has first-hand experience.

I played a round of golf with a fella a while back, gave me a bottle of his “rub” he was trying to get to market.

Sadly it’s still sealed. I’m just not a rub guy other than a light sprinkling going into the smoker in place of salt and pepper.

Wet sauce is where it’s at here. I have a secret Cajun family recipe that I will share (the food, not the recipe) with folks I like.

You want the bottle of rub to try it @McLovin ? Again it’s still sealed, just not really my thing. Might be the best or the worst ever, but he was literally going into business for himself with it at the time and was basically handing out samples. Nice enough dude, put up with being paired with me and a toddler.

(The toddler wasn’t a pain but no way of knowing that on the first tee, so long as he made his 12” putt every hole, lol). There were a lot of “1’s” on his card for many years, lol.

I’m teaching that kid to golf this year. I’ve babied him long enough. His brothers by that age couldn’t come if they didn’t play well enough to keep ahead of pace and not constantly duff the same shot over and over.

The oldest is almost an adult. Jeesh. Swings it over 120 but rarely connects. Best score, a 98. Plays like once a year now. Middle son, kids an animal. Best 9 hole, -4 32. Best 18? -4 66.

I’ve beat him 3 of the last 4 times. Haha. If he’d have seen me futilely trying to hit on the sim yesterday to test the new balls he’d have laughed his butt off at me. I hope to put up a little better contact on Trackman tomorrow. Especially since he and his 1.45 smash short iron game will be. Dunno the maf, but I don’t like it.

Mainly as it makes no sense. I’ll hit a perfect 7i and it’ll be 1.36 or so. He’ll do the same to like a 1.48. I’ve gotta believe these numbers accurate as I do swing harder than him by 10mph or so, yet he gets the same distance carry by having an insane smash number. Same on course too so it’s not a glitch.

I’m going to ask the pro there tomorrow WTF?? is going on with his swing.

Sorry for derail but I’m a constant. If you want to try that rub I’ll send it to you. I’ve got a lot of stuff I need to GTF shipped. Won’t be anything to add one more.

Probably should check the date on that one though before shipping, lol. It’s been several years but my experience with spices is it doesn’t matter much.

😂 this may be a THP first. Someone offering to send possibly outdated spices to another member for free, hahaha.

If picked up prior to edit I messed up on which prior Grandaddy Captain I was conversing with, lol.

Change made.

Stubbs, rays,

I'm all in on Oakridge and Naturiffic. Bonus is I know John and Jody at Naturiffic and am about 15 miles from them. I'm actually going there on Saturday to get more Lamb rub and Garlicky Lemon.

I use a sauce(not exclusively because it's hard to find except Amazon) called Montgomery Inn. It was a house sauce created by Ted Gregory for his restaurants. What made this sauce unique was the taste profile. It has a totally different taste after putting on your ribs than tasting it out of the bottle. No your typical sweet sauce, but man does it bring the flavor out of the ribs. If you can find it I highly recommend it!

I use a sauce(not exclusively because it's hard to find except Amazon) called Montgomery Inn. It was a house sauce created by Ted Gregory for his restaurants. What made this sauce unique was the taste profile. It has a totally different taste after putting on your ribs than tasting it out of the bottle. No your typical sweet sauce, but man does it bring the flavor out of the ribs. If you can find it I highly recommend it!

That's what we use in our house. It's an Ohio company and it's in Meijer and Walmart around here.

Back