Favorite Simulator Course

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What is it and why?

I like the Kapalua plantation course. The holes are creative and the undulations are fun to play on the simulator.

Used to love St Andrews because it was open and the greens were a good mix of crazy or benign. Get the wind up and it was just a fun layout.
Pine Needles was one I used to enjoy as well during sim league.

I cant remember the name for sure as it has been a bit. But on foresight there is a bayou something course that is a beast but fun. I dont think it is a real course and it is one of the default courses. That and Olympic club is a beast.

I'd love to play CDA Resort on the simulator (ours unfortunately doesn't have it). My reason being is that I've played there and would appreciate it a lot more. Iconic courses are fun too, like Pebble or St. Andrews. I can't remember which one, but one of the RTJ courses is really fun to play. It has a super elevated tee shot with water all down the right. It's just fun to fire drives off of it in practice mode and see if you can hit the fairway

I've only played sim golf once and played Bethpage Black. I look forward to trying it again sometime.

Used to love St Andrews because it was open and the greens were a good mix of crazy or benign. Get the wind up and it was just a fun layout.
Pine Needles was one I used to enjoy as well during sim league.

Oakmont is one of my favorites, because those greens are just ridiculously fast. There is something to be said though about playing Carnoustie with the wind cranked to as high as it can go, and the laughs that can be had.

Oakmont is one of my favorites, because those greens are just ridiculously fast. There is something to be said though about playing Carnoustie with the wind cranked to as high as it can go, and the laughs that can be had.

Oakmont is a good one too.
Carnoustie with that wind jacked up was crazy stupid and fun.

I have never played a round of SIM golf. 🤯 I have no reference point!

I've only ever played TPC Sawgrass and it was really fun. Shockingly I did not hit the green on 17 :LOL:

On the current sim, we're still working through courses, but TPC Sawgrass was fun. On the older sims, PGA National and St Andrews were good. I can tell you the course we played last night was not well received. It was Twin Dolphin in Mexico, and while fairways were not penal, the greens were so sloped we would sometimes wait a minute for a ball to stop creeping downhill. It slowed down play, and we did have five in the bay, but there's no way it should have taken us 2:20 to play nine.

Man now I really wish our sim had CDA...itching to play it! May need to come up your way once I get the full bag of clubs @GoldenBuff !!

Not inverness! Sooo many trees on a not great driver day haha!

I like seeing new courses each time. Pebble is fun, St. Andrews was good. Some of the desert courses are fun. Muirfield is popular at Ohio sims.

I forgot about Pebble and Oakmont.

Haven't played much SIM golf but would have to say of those that I've played would say Pebble Beach or Bethpage Black. Reason why...because I've played both & it was great having the ability to relive some of those shots.

Reserve at moonlight was fun. Devils Island on the trackman is good for a laugh.

Coeur D’alene

I've never played a sim round, but CDA looks like it might be fun.

It feels good to know I'm not alone in this.

Closest place that offers SIM golf is over an hour away. I have not gotten desperate enough to drive the hour each way, in the dad of winter, to pay a lot of $$/hour.

I wish there was one in town though... I've even thought of opening a business that offered it. Seems like a service my area is lacking, though I don't know if the business model would work out. It's sparsely populated around here.

I don’t have a favorite, but a sim in our area actually had Waterlefe as an option. After playing there in the unofficial THP Gauntlet 100 years ago, and losing 22 golf balls on the back 9, I lit that place up on the sim.

Reserve at moonlight was fun. Devils Island on the trackman is good for a laugh.
Trackman has Moonlight?? That's awesome!

And Devils Island is such a PITA but fun if you know what you're getting in to lol

I look forward to a sim round. I also look forward to seeing all your new clubs! Let me know when you are ready.
I'm ready now! Just waiting on clubs...but that's unknown currently so I will for sure let you know!

I like to mix it up. Icon courses like Pebble Beach are fun, and I work though those.

One I have particularly enjoyed playing is The Farms on GCQuad. It's an interesting course.

Back