Favorite Sun Protection Gear

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Curious what sun protection gear is your favorite?

ThinkSport and ThinkBaby sunscreen is pretty good stuff.

Big fan of the Sparms sun sleeves. Randomly found them at the local PGA SS.

I use some pearl izumi sun sleeves that I have for mountain biking. and just ordered a Coolibar Fore Golf hat. Style wise, its not my sort of thing, but my face and neck need more protection as my time on the course ramps up.

Curious what sun protection gear is your favorite?

ThinkSport and ThinkBaby sunscreen is pretty good stuff.

Big fan of the Sparms sun sleeves. Randomly found them at the local PGA SS.
For me its my bucket hat, Aussie hat or Mizuno sun hat. They arent the most styling hats in the world but then again, theres nothing stylish about skin cancer. I need to look into a pair of those solar sleeves.

I use either the Coppertone Water Babies or any of the store-brand knockoffs with the same ingredients. Goes on thick and sticky, won't sweat off or easily wipe off (in fact it is a bit of effort to get it all off in the shower after the round) and a lot of opaque mineral content. Kind of like white paint, really. Best stuff I've found for keeping a high SPF over 4+ hours while not irritating my very sensitive skin. It's amazing how many chemical sunscreens, including most of the spray-ons, actually turn my face and neck red even before I go out in the sun.

Then one of my Tilley hats, some generic sun sleeves I get off Amazon and long pants so I don't have to put sunscreen and bug spray on my legs.

Which brings up a related point. For the same 10 months out of the year I can't play golf without sunscreen I also can't play without spraying on 25% DEET. I've found that, just like pets and small children, bloodsucking insects simply LOVE me for reasons I can't understand.

Boonie hat, neutrogena spf 30 or 50. I have sleeves but haven’t given them a go yet.

Back