Favorite thing to eat at your home course

Davidhibler

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
What's the best food item that they sell at your home course?

We have the absolute best burgers at ours.

Give me a good hot dog or sausage!

Bratwurst. They basically have a turn shack with snacks, drinks, brats, and dogs. I don’t generally get one as theyre more proud of them they oughta be.

The chicken fingers are excellent.

Buffalo chicken wrap on the patio. Halfway house has a great chicken salad sandwich.
That sounds amazing. I love Buffalo anything.
I had a great Buffalo chicken wrap at caledonia in January.

The course does an amazing brisket on the smoker.

Sometimes it seems like the owner puts more energy into the smoker than into the course lol.

Chicken Ceaser wrap. Perfect grab and go.

Brats with mustard at Shale Creek! Some of the best!

Options are candy, chips, etc and last year they added a hot dog rotisserie. I haven't been hungry enough to try one yet. :ROFLMAO: so I'm going to say a payday.

The course does an amazing brisket on the smoker.

Sometimes it seems like the owner puts more energy into the smoker than into the course lol.

our course does a PAR 3 tournament each year (every hole is made to play as a par 3 and tees are set in unusual spots on the course)
my brother and i roast a pig (in a “china box”) for the dinner afterwards.... can’t put too much love into golf course cooking!! Couldn’t do it this past summer due to covid.... hoping we‘re back for 2021!!

Options are candy, chips, etc and last year they added a hot dog rotisserie. I haven't been hungry enough to try one yet. :ROFLMAO: so I'm going to say a payday.
Hey, I didn't know you played at my course. We should get together sometime.

Sonoran hot dogs

Breakfast it's biscuits & gravy. Four biscuits smothered in thick sausage gravy. Comes with coffee. $5.

Lunch, or later it's a club sandwich on toasted sour dough bread. This club has 3 slices of bread, ham, turkey, bacon, pepper jack & american cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, and mayo. Also comes with macoroni, or potato salad. Choice of chips if you don't want one of the salads. $9

They have quite a few menu items to pick from. Those are my two favorites.

My wife, and I have been going there breakfast, or lunch a couple of times a week. It's (covid) safer than the other sit down places in town.

I don’t know. I joined my club last year and the restaurant wasn’t open for most of the year.

Hey, I didn't know you played at my course. We should get together sometime.
Must be a KY course thing :ROFLMAO:. Which course do you play in Louisville?

What's the best food item that they sell at your home course?

We have the absolute best burgers at ours.

Not my home course (or even a place I get to often play golf) , but the Olympic Club snack bar hamburgers-shaped-like-a -hot dog are legendary. Guests play the course, which has hosted five US Opens and a US Amateur, but after the round they usually talk about the awesome hamburger they had at the 11th hole tee box.

The breakfast offerings are all really good at my home course. I especially like the breakfast burrito to take out on the course.

Not my home course (or even a place I get to often play golf) , but the Olympic Club snack bar hamburgers-shaped-like-a -hot dog are legendary. Guests play the course, which has hosted five US Opens and a US Amateur, but after the round they usually talk about the awesome hamburger they had at the 11th hole tee box.

Speedway sells those hot dog shaped hamburgers I believe.

They are NOT legendary.

Right now it is wings. They are really good and I get 8 of them for $4. Hard to beat!

Back