Favorite YouTubers?

Chris Ryan, Russell Heritage, Monte Scheinblum, No Laying Up

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

THP, Fried Eggs, TXG, Clay Ballard (Top Speed Golf), Rick Shiels, Clay Ballard, Callaway Golf, Mark Crossfield, Skratch, Erik Anders Lang, and OB Golf (straight forward reviews with no frills).

Golf Sidekick
Mike Malaska
Shawn Clement
Danny Maude

I spend way too much time watching
1. Golf Sidekick
2. Golf VLOGS UK (how can you not like OMP, lol?)
3. TXG

Glad someone else mentioned Golf Sidekick. Definitely an entertaining channel and he's helped simplify my game so much. We hear it all the time "play your shot, don't do too much". The simple things we all know but refuse to do... Aim for the center of the green instead of pin seek a tight pin

1) TXG
2) Golf Sidekick
3) Top Speed / Clay Ballard
4) Michael Newton
5) Rick Shiels

Swing work - Top Speed Golf, Chris Ryan
Learning about clubs and fitting - TXG
Golf-related entertainment - No Laying Up

1. Crossfield
2. TXG
3. Rick Shiels

I got the opportunity to meet Mark Crossfield a few years ago when he came in town for the Master's, such a nice guy and just a quirky in person. Has some strong opinions sometimes, but don't we all.

TXG
Peter Finch

These are the ones I watch regularly, but there are others I follow and browse through their videos every once in a while

Besides THP, I follow TXG, Crossfield, Shiels, Finch, Fried Eggs, No Laying Up, and Golfaholics.

Only watch THP and fried eggs religiously though. I will watch Crossfield occasionally. The others are rarely watched.

Well, apart from THP of course....

I consume a lot of golf on YouTube. I’d say Rick and Pete are my favorites, but let’s throw out some dark horses - Fried Eggs Golf stuff is just some of the best golf content on the internet. NLU’s channel has some great material. I’ve really been enjoying GM Golf lately. I’ve heard a few of my students comment about watching their videos and enjoying them, and not all of them were golf kids.

Instructionally speaking I think Matt Fryer and Andy Carter do the most for me, as well as the OG Rickard Strongert.

No Laying Up - great videos that make me really want to travel and golf. I've been enjoying their strapped series. They're hilarious!
Erik Anders Lang - You can just tell he loves and lives golf. Cool travel videos
GM Golf and Brodie Smith - Just a bunch of fun golf material

Mark Crossfield, Me and My Golf, Jame Robinson, and Mr Short game

TXG - I learn something new every time I watch one of these videos. I used to watch a lot of Crossfield and Sheils but then their club reviews started to feel like ads to me. TXG will play around with different shafts and weights and are as close to being bias free as I have seen.

Scratch Golf Academy - This guy just makes good videos. Nice tips that are easy to follow.

Top Speed Golf - Again a simple approach and good content. His ads for his system are usually at the end so I don't have to sit through it.

I want to like Dan Whittaker's channel because he has an insane amount of knowledge but I always nod off during his videos.

TXG - I learn something new every time I watch one of these videos. I used to watch a lot of Crossfield and Sheils but then their club reviews started to feel like ads to me. TXG will play around with different shafts and weights and are as close to being bias free as I have seen.

Scratch Golf Academy - This guy just makes good videos. Nice tips that are easy to follow.

Top Speed Golf - Again a simple approach and good content. His ads for his system are usually at the end so I don't have to sit through it.

I want to like Dan Whittaker's channel because he has an insane amount of knowledge but I always nod off during his videos.
Dan has nice hair (y)

These replies are very helpful. Although I'm familiar with most of these channels, there's a handful that I'm hearing about for the first time, so thank you!!

I forgot... Paige Spiranac. I watch others, too. Golf sidekick for entertainment. Crossfield, Shiels, etc.

Crossfield, Shiels and The Average Golfer

Glad to see all the fans of Clay Ballard/Top Speed Golf in here. He's a good dude and knows a lot about the swing.

Started watching no laying up, quite good the tourist sauce series is good

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Waddaplaya in the house, welcome to THP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is only one, Golf Sidekick. The rest is not worth watching
Matt , that’s so cool you joined up. Love the stress free golf series. Long time viewer

It's like being British is a requirement to make golf club videos on youtube.

It seems to help, doesn't it?

As someone who recently got back into golf, I'm loving this thread. So many more ways to feed the obsession. (y)

Last edited:
I used to like a bunch, but know they all have run out of ideas are a bit gimmicky. I'm still subscribed to a bunch, but I guess the only ones I actually watch are TXG and Rick Shiels (when he's not doing a goofy video).

Golfholics
Golf Sidekick
Peter Finch
Rob McGarr

Back