February 2020 Fitness Challenge

17/17 this month. Still pushing to get all my rings everyday this month. Working on keeping the diet in check, still need to clean it up a bit though.

Has anyone looked into any of the online fitness coaching? That stuff is waaay more expensive than i thought it would be.

I have been keeping up with my push-ups and squats every day at work

Saturday we were looking around showrooms for our new kitchen, then Sunday I played 18 on the simulator

Yesterday I gave myself all the excuses to not work out (didn't sleep great, had a really busy schedule, bit of a headache, yada yada yada)... had convinced myself I didn't have time so I would just take the day off, or do a quick home workout after work. Took the dog for a walk, and I don't know if it was the fresh air, but I felt a little better and decided screw it, I am going to the gym.

Went and got a solid workout (not my best, but better than not going at all for sure), came home and had more than enough time to do the rest of the things I planned on before my class at 7pm. Really glad I did! Back at it again today!!!

Yesterday I gave myself all the excuses to not work out (didn't sleep great, had a really busy schedule, bit of a headache, yada yada yada)... had convinced myself I didn't have time so I would just take the day off, or do a quick home workout after work. Took the dog for a walk, and I don't know if it was the fresh air, but I felt a little better and decided screw it, I am going to the gym.

Went and got a solid workout (not my best, but better than not going at all for sure), came home and had more than enough time to do the rest of the things I planned on before my class at 7pm. Really glad I did! Back at it again today!!!

It's a good sign when you're able to talk yourself into doing a workout!

Great job dude!! The mental aspect is usually harder than the actual workout.

Started a 5x5 workout today. Squats sucks. But made it and closed all my rings.

Minor cardio and swing work tonight as I'm unable to lift due to a hand injury

Just noticed I’ve been slacking all month. Grrrr.

Great job dude!! The mental aspect is usually harder than the actual workout.

Started a 5x5 workout today. Squats sucks. But made it and closed all my rings.

Thanks man, and I felt so good about going and getting that workout in. Got to bed late, didn't sleep well, but no way I wasn't getting that cardio in. We are on the stretch run for February and I want to keep this train rolling.

And if you are one of the guys that hasn't kept the pace up that you wanted for this month, so what? Get back at it and get a jump on rocking march!

The struggle is real and I had a moment on Sunday. My goal is to hit 10k steps every day this month. Also trying to watch what I eat and drink, but honestly, the 10k steps a day is THE goal. I was tired. I had 18k steps Friday, had a late night out Saturday and ate some steak and drank some beer on Sunday. I just about talked my self out of it and totally justified why I didn’t need to go walk. Then I remembered the thread here and told my wife I only needed 4000 steps and it was just a walk to my friends house and back.

So feeling buzzed and slightly stupid for not doing it earlier, I got it done at 9ish. For the super healthy people that work out all of the time, that might sound silly. But it was a good moment for me. If I had skipped Sunday, I may have found a reason to then skip Tuesday, etc.

I know March isn’t going to be great with my birthday and a cruise planned; but that doesn’t mean I should put off diet and exercise until April ;)

slow and steady is still my plan of attack for a long term weight loss goal. Here was a snapshot of Sunday
E61CC547-F4F8-44B3-BC7A-2540EBC75B83.png

The struggle is real and I had a moment on Sunday. My goal is to hit 10k steps every day this month. Also trying to watch what I eat and drink, but honestly, the 10k steps a day is THE goal. I was tired. I had 18k steps Friday, had a late night out Saturday and ate some steak and drank some beer on Sunday. I just about talked my self out of it and totally justified why I didn’t need to go walk. Then I remembered the thread here and told my wife I only needed 4000 steps and it was just a walk to my friends house and back.

So feeling buzzed and slightly stupid for not doing it earlier, I got it done at 9ish. For the super healthy people that work out all of the time, that might sound silly. But it was a good moment for me. If I had skipped Sunday, I may have found a reason to then skip Tuesday, etc.

I know March isn’t going to be great with my birthday and a cruise planned; but that doesn’t mean I should put off diet and exercise until April ;)

slow and steady is still my plan of attack for a long term weight loss goal. Here was a snapshot of Sunday
View attachment 8928432

Great job!! I know that feeling very well, once I miss one day or come up a little short, it’s so much easier to skip the next one or another one, and the one after that and then the excuses start just rolling out of my mouth. I’ve got to keep the streak alive just to keep myself moving. There have been a few days where it was close this month. We’re over halfway through it. If you can do it everyday for 1 month, you’re definitely on the right track.

Weighed today. Since January 2, down 16.1 pounds. March I will be happy with no net gain with a vacation. Then will try for another 8 pound loss in April.

Weighed today. Since January 2, down 16.1 pounds. March I will be happy with no net gain with a vacation. Then will try for another 8 pound loss in April.

Nice work man, 16 lbs in 2 months is no joke. I haven't weighed in yet this week, but got a little loose in my diet the last week. don't expect a great week, but I am happy with the progress so far in 2020 and expect a solid March.

Great accomplishment and a healthy weight loss rate!

great job dude!!

Back