February 2020 Fitness Challenge

January was a light month due to back issues and illness in December, but I still managed a decent number of push-ups and squats (for me)

February will hopefully be a continuation of that with maybe an increase in the numbers, but I also found some resistance bands in the back of the wardrobe, so last night I was doing some stretching with those and I will try to continue that as well to work on some rotational resistance and stretching which might help my swing once I get going again

I need to lose weight, but we have still got loads of chocolate from the festive period that needs eating, so I might have to have a blow-out week to get rid of it and then knuckle down to see what I can lose in the next 10 weeks until our holiday

Planning on keeping up with the same plan as last month. Gym 4 mornings per week with the occasional run thrown in when I feel like it. Diet could probably be a little better, but it's never too bad and i'm maintaining a consistent weight.

Don't really have any end game in mind, just trying to keep to a consistent routine.

I have had a great start to February. I haven’t weighed yet, but have done well on calories and hit my step/exercise goal so far every day this month.

I have had a great start to February. I haven’t weighed yet, but have done well on calories and hit my step/exercise goal so far every day this month.

That’s great!! Keep at it, only 23 days to go!

January I was able to maintain my 3 days a week with my trainer and I got 6 days on the peloton. February will be the same but I need to double the peloton rides in between workout days. Got a new hexbar deadlift PR in my Wed morning session. Also I try to get 7700 steps a day so it forces me to get up from my desk and cruise around.

I hit my steps goal by 7 am this morning! Ran/walked for over an hour.

Saturday I spent an hour or so hitting balls in the sim

Sunday was spent walking round the Metrocentre shopping and then IKEA, so I got a few steps in

Hit 205lb back squats this aft followed up by hack squats and a bunch of core work. Starting the week off right

30 minutes on the elliptical followed by 30 min of strength training

Goal is to get rid of lower back spasms.

So far, so good in February. No clue on weightloss. I decided to weigh in 1st/15th/29th this month. Hoping for 8 pounds total this month, but just trying to eat right and walk more and see what happens.
ED4A2AC1-FF85-4A2D-A64D-E179289D266D.png

I only gained a couple pounds in January, so I need to buckle down and stay focused on gaining. Too many convenience meals instead of the real thing. Not cooking near enough.

Had a small golf swing related setback and need to not make it worse. Goal is to finish the month feeling better than I did around Christmas.

Haven't missed a workout day or treatment, but need to get creative in the kitchen and the gym this month to bring some fun back into it and re-energize goal chasing.

I weighed in today and made some progress. Not quite at my two week goal of -4 pounds, but lost 3.4. Just got to keep it going in February. March is going to be a month that I hope is no net gain with a spring break trip.

Hit my goal for this month everyday but 1! It was an awful night of sleep and I forgot my watch at home which tracks my progress and I thought it would be a great day for a break. 41 days in row of hitting my goal. Back at and ready to go.

I missed this thread being started!!!! So far, I have hit my move goal 13/13 and exercise goal 12/13. going to get some cardio in tonight after I hit the range. Not playing this weekend will be strange, but I have some things I really need to work on in my swing. Either lifting or cardio every day is the plan!

I walked 18 at an executive course today. That is a fun way to get steps in: 12,233 steps in golf today and 16k for the day so far

Last edited:
Halfway through the month! How’s everyone doing?
14/14 for all my little rings so far this month.

first week of February was slow on the weight loss front, had a couple meetings/lunches out, but didn't lose ground. Today hopped on the scale (well gingerly stepped on it if I am being honest) and was down 1.8lbs. Down almost 12 for the year. going to leave the office now, go hit a few balls then probably do some yoga at home for the first time in a while.

then I need to do some work around the house this weekend, but back to lifting tomorrow!

Get rid of my lower back spasms!

Still cutting weight, implementing yoga, situps, and pushups to cut the fat, add flexibility, hopefully gain some of that easy clubhead speed back that I've lost. Goal is to maintain 220-225, I'm at 243 this morning, of BP medicine, losing pre diabetic status!

Still cutting weight, implementing yoga, situps, and pushups to cut the fat, add flexibility, hopefully gain some of that easy clubhead speed back that I've lost. Goal is to maintain 220-225, I'm at 243 this morning, of BP medicine, losing pre diabetic status!
Congrats and keep it up.

Great job!!

The long weekend went pretty dang well. Hit balls and did yoga saturday, hit balls and lifted sunday, hit balls and did cardio Monday. Probably just get to lift tomorrow, but will get back to the range wednesday and then on the elliptical afterwards. Want to keep rocking February and jump into our first major club tournament the end of this month with some pep in my step!

Back