Feedback about my Wedge Setup?

Bridgestone Golf

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
but then that breaks the 8/9i up.

Theres always going to be a divider unless you play the wedges from your irons or a set of blades or pro cavities that transition well. I played the VR blades right into the VR forged wedges. They were seemless.
To me its bringing all of your scoreing irons closer together in feel and function. I myself have Nickent 4DX Pro 9i and PW, then a CG15 GW, CG14 SW and back to a CG15 LW. Theres a huge difference in feel and weight between the Nickents and the CG's, then there's a big difference between the CG15's and the CG14. At this point I actually feel like I hit my CG14 much better and a little farther than the GW, lol. A ballanced approach with a system just seems like it would take a lot of elements out of the mix that harm my game. Hope that helps.

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
but then that breaks the 8/9i up.

Theres always going to be a divider unless you play the wedges from your irons or a set of blades or pro cavities that transition well. I played the VR blades right into the VR forged wedges. They were seemless.
You missed the scoring iron part. I consider my 8i and below a ballpark club that gets close on occasion, but if my 9i and Dow can seam as a set, I'm set. Similar weight, loft, traction.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Dragonsrock

Reaction score
Handicap
I currently use 44,50,56,62 and have no problems whatsoever, I think your 50,55,60 is just fine, I genuinely do not see any difference to my scoring from when I used 48, 52, 56, 60, then again, I am a bogey golfer :)

Question 2 - I have not decided what lofts to go with. If Irons have an avg of 4* difference of loft + approx .5 in change in shaft length, these factors produce 10-12yd gaps in distance. However, when it comes to wedges, they are usually all the same length and just the loft changes. So, I can't help but think having greater gaps in lofts of 5* or even 6* with wedges should translate to the 10-12yd gapping that irons produce because there is no change in Wedge shaft length. This is why I currently am going with the 50,55,60.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in