FeedbacK Golf Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review James. This one is intriguing to me, as I love recording my swing. How I do it now is quite tedious, so this would be a huge benefit and improvement on what I'm doing. Could be worth looking into once the Android version comes out.

Very solid review here James. I'm definitely interested in this after chatting with Freddie regarding some things I need to work on.

Like the fact that it comes with everything you need, it's affordable, and it appears to be very user friendly.

As much as I despise the range, I know the value of seeing what my swing is doing so I can adjust accordingly.

Great review and on my "check it out mre" list for sure. Thank you for the info!

will definitely be checking this out. I have been looking for an easy an convenient way to record my swing.

Solid review James. If I had any desire to see my nauseating swing on camera this little gadget could be the trick. Looks like its everything you need and has a very solid price point compared to others we have seen/have been reviewed.

Thanks all, appreciate the comments.

Its pretty nifty, I honestly kinda cringed when I found out about the review, but its handy. Not all bells and whistles, it just works how it claims it does, which is refreshing.

Very nicely done James. Listening to you talk about this product over this past weekend and then reading this review certainly has me interested. This seems to be a much better and easier way to look at your swings and improve than some of the ways we use today. Looking forward to the Android version in the future.

Yeah, hopefully the android version is done soon, would make it a lot more appealing IMO.

I'll add, the little tripod is sturdy, which was nice to see.

Just a few questions, and I apologize if I missed the answers in the review:

1. I have the iPhone 5 which doesn't have the higher frame rate camera that the 5S has. Do you know if my camera will be decent enough to pick up key areas of the swing, or would it be better to upgrade my phone first? I am mostly interested in seeing the club face at hip height when the club is parallel to the ground and again at the top of the swing.

2. Do you have to use voice commands or can you just press a button on the Bluetooth device?

3. Can you use the markup tools in the app on the range and will they stay on screen while you play the video or is it only for still shots? I'd like to be able to draw the swing plane and watch the video to see where my club is throughout my swing.

4. If I just want to review my swings by myself on my phone would I still have to pay the $19.95 a year after the first year? I'm not too interested in uploading/sharing my videos if they are on my phone.

Another solid review James..thanks so much for the time and effort.

This seems intriguing in many ways. if it's truly as simple as you described, that's huge for me. I also like the fact that the tripod is included. I can't tell you how hard it is to try and position my Iphone on my bag in just the right place so it doesn't fall, but captures everything :)

This thing looks like it would be pretty handy. I would love to have more video so I can see what I am doing. To often I just go out and pound balls with no rhyme or reason this may just help with that.

FeedbacK Golf Review

Just a few questions, and I apologize if I missed the answers in the review:

1. I have the iPhone 5 which doesn't have the higher frame rate camera that the 5S has. Do you know if my camera will be decent enough to pick up key areas of the swing, or would it be better to upgrade my phone first? I am mostly interested in seeing the club face at hip height when the club is parallel to the ground and again at the top of the swing.

2. Do you have to use voice commands or can you just press a button on the Bluetooth device?

3. Can you use the markup tools in the app on the range and will they stay on screen while you play the video or is it only for still shots? I'd like to be able to draw the swing plane and watch the video to see where my club is throughout my swing.

4. If I just want to review my swings by myself on my phone would I still have to pay the $19.95 a year after the first year? I'm not too interested in uploading/sharing my videos if they are on my phone.

I used the 5 to review.

Voice command "ready" to start, this allows timer to work properly as well and capture just the swing.

You can markup the screen and play.

Nope, you wouldn't have to update to my knowledge.

I hope that helps!

I hope that helps!

It does, thanks! I spent a lot of time with my current instructor looking at my swing on a digital slr that he uses from a tripod. It shoots at a higher frame rate than my iPhone 5, and still occasional misses the frame containing the position we were looking for, but still works well. I think the same would be true with the phone camera.

I what to look for on the camera to determine what I'm doing wrong during a bad swing. But I don't have someone to film me at the range when I'm not taking a lesson. Even if I miss a frame with the phone camera, the markup tools will will make that video useful for examining swing plane, the length of the backswing, and follow through.

I have days on the range where I'm on fire, and others where I fall apart. And try as I may, sometimes I can't correct it. I think having this will help me to stop reinforcing bad habits during poor range sessions.

FYI on Android

The Android version is live according to the company.

I almost bought this from Amazon but missed the sale for $51 and change. Instead will be using gorillapod and smartphone attachment along with one of the several apps i have. The voice command would have been great to have but for $20-30 less I will settle for having to set the timer on the app, take my swing and then go back and stop recording.

I almost bought this from Amazon but missed the sale for $51 and change. Instead will be using gorillapod and smartphone attachment along with one of the several apps i have. The voice command would have been great to have but for $20-30 less I will settle for having to set the timer on the app, take my swing and then go back and stop recording.

To be fair, the voice commands aren't the only part of this, the "Locker" which gives complete editing access both on device and on their website also allows sharing, comparisons, and a ton of other things.

To be fair, the voice commands aren't the only part of this, the "Locker" which gives complete editing access both on device and on their website also allows sharing, comparisons, and a ton of other things.

Thanks for this info JMAN as those are all good benefits. I usually use V1 app or even swingfix app when looking at my swing so I can see where there is added benefit from the locker as compared to these apps. Had a limited budget for purchasing some items and with Amazon i was able to get the gorillapod and attachment pretty cheap.

The one thing I couldn't tell from either the review or info I saw online was whether the stand could be used for other attachments for various types of cameras or if it was limited to just the phone. Can you provide info on this capability?

You did a great review on this and it will be a consideration for purchase somewhere down the line.

Its built for phones, will work with iOS and others.

Thanks for the kind words dude.

Its built for phones, will work with iOS and others.

Thanks for the kind words dude.

Your welcome..is the attachment and tripod one piece or can they be separated so the tripod could be used with a more traditional style camera for non golf purposes?

Your welcome..is the attachment and tripod one piece or can they be separated so the tripod could be used with a more traditional style camera for non golf purposes?

One piece construction on this one.

Back