Feels like I lost it...

TMSHACKS

Bridgestone Staffer
Reaction score
Im sure others have gone through this so what is my next step.

I drove the ball so well last year. consistently 280-300

This season I got the new R11 and its so inconsistent / including my last few round where im pounding everything in the ground. Ive never been this mentally hijacked by a swing and not sure where to go. Obviously with bad winters Ive only been swinging on the range for about 2 to 3 weeks.

I guess the positive is when I hit it they go straight but they arent getting far off the ground. I focused a lot of hitting down on my irons and im afraid its carried over to my driver and im hitting down on that as well. Im heading to the range in the morning to try and gain some sort of confidence with it. Its been a rough week.

Good Luck
Last month was my worst in a while. Some solid range time will get you back on track. Bring a buddy, sometimes a fresh pair of eyes helps.

Edit: Ooops. My bad. Didn't see the forum section. Sorry.

Don't forget that this is the Ask the Pro section. Please keep it clean until Andy can answer.

It sounds to me like you are getting out in front of the ball with your driver. Make sure the ball position is good. From here when you get back to your right side (right handed players) try and hang back there a fraction longer than normal. Hanging back just a touch will get you hitting up into the ball again.

Lots of my guys working on getting out to the ball and trapping it run into this when they go back to the driver. The mental thought is to keep your head behind the ball at impact.

Good Luck
Last month was my worst in a while. Some solid range time will get you back on track. Bring a buddy, sometimes a fresh pair of eyes helps.

Edit: Ooops. My bad. Didn't see the forum section. Sorry.

still waiting on that invitation TMSHACKS

Back