Festival Of Trees...a tribute to my nephew TY

Now I know why your round today was special, Doug. You were not alone. Thinking of you buddy.

Reactions: J4U
I just saw this thread for the first time as well.

I know that you must have had a very special round today.

Wish I could tell you Happy Birthday today buddy...love and miss you! One thing that never really connected for me...today is also the day Tera and I had our first date! Thanks for the help remembering!
016aaea3d7dcfd6c8a67d35e312f3ce6.jpg

Thanks for sharing Doug. Outstanding job. God bless you and your sister.

Missing you so much on this anniversary of you leaving us. I love you Ty.

9 years today you left us...we miss you so much!

First time I came across this thread. Your faithful remembrance says as many good things about you as it does about your nephew. My sympathies for your loss, but I'm also impressed by your gratitude for the joy you had.

Had a last minute trip to see your mom and dad. Celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary! Was only a Friday-Sunday visit though and driving time was almost more than visiting time. Wish you were there!

I did get to go see the Tee Marker dedicated to you. Dude...you had just qualified for the Utah Open on this last closing hole! You had a shot at eagle getting on in two. Your dad asked if you wanted help as he was your Caddie right? You said no and barely moved the ball on that putt.

You did however sink a 25' putt for birdie on THE very last hole you ever played. I miss you!

The whole family walked out from the clubhouse as it was evening and nobody was coming in so they gave the OK to do so at the pro shop.

Grandma and your mom took a cart as the par5 was pretty long for them. They asked if I wanted to hit a drive from where you took your last Tee shot...ummm yes!

You probably thought it would be easier on everybody else right...the decision you came up with? Your dad remembers where your FEET were on that Tbox. We all miss you buddy...

Hate to tell you I took your dad's driver and put it past where your ball ended up past that first big tree! You probably would be laughing at my distance by now if only....

Anyway...I grabbed a pic and the whole family went to the range and hit some balls. Except grandma.

b571500bfd08b72476d9f54ced37dcf5.jpg

I still plan on getting out there to play and will have your score to beat in mind. Watch out little man...this ole boy is still disappointed in your decision and planning on going low!

PS...your mom is still rocking that Matrix XS black tie done in pink I had built and honored to be made available through THP and their generosity/contests.

Last edited:
Doug - this thread was before my time so I hadn't seen it before - this is awesome that your nephews memory is living on so strongly. Sounds like it was a great time of remembrance with the family.

Tanur need's a lot of help Ty! I don't care how, find a way please. I miss you and could also use guidance and strength.

I need a lot of help Ty! I don't care how, find a way.

Doug -

I know you are probably surrounded by people who have a better understanding of what this means and what you are dealing with, but I am only a PM away buddy if you need anything. Don't hesitate to reach out.

Doug -

I know you are probably surrounded by people who have a better understanding of what this means and what you are dealing with, but I am only a PM away buddy if you need anything. Don't hesitate to reach out.
Thank you buddy...it's very dark here. My mom arrived to begin her testing to hopefully find out something. Good to have her here but didn't even want to tell her with all she has on her plate.

I'm sorry to post anywhere and this felt like the appropriate place. I was hoping to float under posts and let this skio to further pages.

Please...I'm not looking for responses to keep bumping this thread. I would appreciate whatever you do faith wise to do so for my son and our family.

A simple thanks button would be so much better at this time.

The darkness has moved to cloudy with some light over the past couple years and I'm very thankful.

I appreciate your help along the way and to celebrate what would have been your 29th birthday. Your dad is out this way on business.

We will play Denver's version of Utah's Fox Hollow, your very last round in this life back home.

In your honor we will both putt with one of the balls in your last sleeve. Your dad was quite surprised when I told him. Beating his ass across state lines would be priceless with you still around.

You know I still haven't played your last course. I need to rectify that, although I did blast by your final drive according to your dad. That trip to see your hole plaque was priceless. You and I both know that can be varied in reality.

Miss you tons, and Tanur misses you even more! I'm so thankful he remembered the pain you caused us by leaving early and stopping him from following in your footsteps.

When I see you, I will beat you down and then hug you. Fore warning nephew!
5dfceaee3501f8ca1fc0ddce63f2efea.jpg

We will put a bet on this hole and post a pic in your honor. If the course opens up, bring on the sun!

Last edited:
I love that you have found a way to find light from a dark situation. Michelle and I are constantly keeping you guys in our prayers and hopefully next time we are out that way we can catch up.

Miss you Doug!!! You are still my boy Blue!

Thanks to all that have stopped by, one very important detail I left off. David, a new member to this wonderful site, joined recently and had an avatar that made me post a knee jerk comment. I felt horrible after thinking about it and PM'd him apologizing. He changed it within a few posts of seeing my comment, but that was not my intent and probably should have just let it ride. He had no idea what I was referring too until he replied to my PM.

My nephew Ty, was such a gifted athlete and was outstanding at golf. I had gone out to visit them in early June 4 years ago with my little man. Ty was Tanur's hero and looked up to him in every way, he was just in awe of Ty. Everything seemed fine, but I could tell Ty wasn't acting the same, but nothing really strange. Especially after qualifying for the Utah Open a few weeks earlier.

On June 25 at 6:37pm, I got a call from my brother in law Michael. He was crying and I could barely understand him, all I could here is "He's gone...He's gone". My nephew had taken his own life.

I haven't shared this with anyone outside my immediate family, but figured I would update all who come by. In a way paying tribute to such a wonderful young man that was taken from us way too early. He probably thought he was making it easier on everyone else in his life, little do most know that take this option, it causes way too much pain for those left...forever! I found out later that his girlfriend had become pregnant and he didn't know what to do I guess. The baby did not make it through term and had to be delivered because it was so far along.

We can always ask ourselves why we didn't see something like this coming, but how can you? Tanur really never talked much about it at first and was hit really hard when he made the comment that he was going to go be with TY. It scared the crap out of me and made sure we had many discussions about it for several months and even through the years since. I can't stress enough the importance of being there and REALLY knowing what our kids are going through. I have made my point with my son and he knows he can come to me with ANYTHING, but I pray to God he does just that! I can deal with anything and help him get through the same, but it scares me to no end even today with what our kids go through so early in life now!

If only Ty would have waited.....

Thanks THP for those that stop back by, it has been a hard week.
This is my first time seeing this thread. This post brought a tear or two to my eyes. A very close friend took his own life. It really stays with you. I love how you are turning the darkness to something lighter. Good for you.

Thanks for sharing.

Losing someone so young is something you just can’t ever get over. You said you were having a hard time not tearing up, I’d have been bawling like a baby typing that.

It's been 14 years today Ty and we miss and love you so much.

An old thread, but one to remind everyone to love always and make sure everyone knows it. Always be listening with your eyes as well and don't be afraid to ask the hard questions.

An old thread, but one to remind everyone to love always and make sure everyone knows it.
Wow quite the thread, a great tribute to your nephew. So sorry for your loss. But congrats on such a fine tribute.

An old thread, but one to remind everyone to love always and make sure everyone knows it. Always be listening with your eyes as well and don't be afraid to ask the hard questions.
Feel this 👊❤️

• Appreciation

Good bump. ❤️❤️✝️✝️

• Appreciation
Awesome! It's heartening to know that there are such good people in the world!

So awesome and truly special. Thank you for sharing Doug!

Back