Fiercely loyal to your golf ball?

It's not loyalty at all--much less fiercely so. I would say I am very deliberate and particular when it comes to the golf ball I use. This year I changed golf balls for the first time in 5 years. 5 years ago I went through an extensive golf ball fitting. I'm a Titleist golf ball tester so they send me balls to review on a regular basis, some are Titleist, some are competitors. I haven't even been tempted to change until I tested the 2021 Titleist Pro V1x. Now that's my ball.

Right or wrong, I only play ProV1s. It's been that way for the last 10+ years.

I have maybe bought two or three dozen alternate brands in the last two years (THP influenced) but usually wind up giving three sleeves away.

i guess i’m generally of the opinion that unless i start seeing something i don’t like, i’m not switching. and right now and i love what i’m seeing from the chrome soft x with triple track.

As far as choosing something and sticking with it I'm fairly loyal if nothing else changes.

I try most things though to add them to the mental database at least, and if they perform well/better, they get more chances. If they're better in the end, that's my new ball.

I changed balls when I moved to AR from NE (shortly before actually, in preparation), and have changed again this year. What's optimal based on swing, approach, and clubs can obviously change, so why wouldn't I switch to what's best.

I love my ProV1x but….

ChromeSoft and CSX are great and TP5x is super long.

So many great options it’s hard to be a homer anymore.

Hey THPers 😊. There’s lots of threads and discussion on the forum about trying new golf balls, trialling, experimenting, switching balls depending on season, having practice round balls and ‘gamer’ balls etc... I was wondering if there’s anyone that, like me, really puts great weight on not switching balls? I’ve experimented in the past and found all of the leading tour level balls to be exceptional - different, but exceptional in their own way. I’ve found the ball that suits my game and I’m sticking with it! It’s the only bit of golf kit used for EVERY SINGLE SHOT and I don’t want another variable! I vowed last year not to hit a single golf ball on the golf course that’s not a Bridgestone Tour BXS and I’ll be doing the same this year...
I used to be but honestly, golf balls nowdays are so similar and many of them come off the exact same assembly line in Asia that to me, its not as critical as it once was. I mean, you could play a Snell, Vice, Maxfli or Cut and you are probably playing the same ball with different branding on it.

Nah...I seem to suck about the same regardless of the ball I use.

When something new comes out that suits my swing I'll give it a try. I like a soft ball (Callaway Supersoft) has been my go to ball for the last year, but I'm willing to buy a sleeve of something new to see how it measures up as long as it comes in yellow.

I don't mind trying different balls but usually go back to either Bridgestone RX or Sirxon XV/Q-Start Tour

I am not loyal to th golf ball. Once I've found a "class" of golf balls, any ball I play from that class seems good.

Loyal? No, I'm not loyal to a golf ball... they're definitely not loyal to me... they take off without a moments notice, never saying goodbye. Pfft. Forget them.:ROFLMAO:

I’m currently loyal to the 2019 Maxfli Tour (matte green) - really love the quality and look for the price. I’m loyal enough that I’m nervous the 2021 ball won’t be as good.

Like the Srixon Soft Feel in yellow. I try others and keep going back to the SF. Nice price, distance and feel.

Golf balls are like guitar strings to me...even when I find something I like I still want to try everything else available. It's like golf ball FOMO.

I do have a few favorites though. My best round ever was with a Chrome Soft, so that will always be on my favorites list. Then I tried Bridgestone Tour B RXS and liked it. Just when I thought I was settled on the RXS Srixon came out with the Divide and I couldn't say no. Now if manufacturers would just stop coming out with new stuff I would maybe be able to stick with one and be done with it.

I used to be very loyal to Titleist ProV1's. Now I like the -Prov1X. I am also keen on the TP5X as well. I haven't been willing to branch out much farther than Titleist or TaylorMade though. I have tried Callaway's balls several times and just can't fall in love with them.

I used to be very loyal to Titleist ProV1's. Now I like the -Prov1X. I am also keen on the TP5X as well. I haven't been willing to branch out much farther than Titleist or TaylorMade though. I have tried Callaway's balls several times and just can't fall in love with them.
Callaway’s offerings are so much better now they’re round 🤣.

I'm pretty much a ZStar guy, but as new stuff comes out, and even the Zstar itself gets updated, I keep trying different balls. Chances are, I'll stick with the ZStar, but I don't want to limit myself and leave performance on the table.

I'm always looking for a new ball but always start on the putting green and nothing has beaten my current 2018 era ball out. Going to be a sad day when my stash goes dry.

I'm always looking for a new ball but always start on the putting green and nothing has beaten my current 2018 era ball out. Going to be a sad day when my stash goes dry.
What ball is it? 😊

I like the Triple Track ball idea, but it is not my favorite to hit. My favorite is the Srixon Q-star tour that I roll and hit best. When on sale, I will buy more. Down to 3 dozen now so I am in no rush.

i am the opposite. i hate the triple track but love the chrome soft. just wish they made them in yellow without the triple track.

i am not fully loyal to any one ball, and like trying the new ones out when they are released.

I have not found any one ball to be so stand alone different from the others that I am 100% loyal to it. On the contrary, I find there are several balls that tend to be in a similar performance window and they all work just fine for me. This is probably more of a commentary on my game than the balls.

I haven't been loyal as of yet, been bouncing around last 12 months. But as soon as I find the right ball I will stick to it.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say I'm loyal, but I don't change unless there's a reason to change. I've been gaming Srixon Z-star for several years, thanks to their $10 for 6 balls trial pack. It was what I was looking for. A bit higher launch than proV1, and nearly the same spin around the greens. Prior to that though, I played Bridgestone B330s (I think), courtesy of winning 12 dozen here on THP. Prior to that, I was playing Wilson FG Tour primarily, with some Duos thrown in for good measure. And prior to that, it was ProV1, back when they still only cost $39.99 per dozen.

I'm down to about 2 dozen z-stars from the last bulk buy I did when it was either buy 1 get 1, or buy 2 get 1 (guessing the latter). This winter, I dramatically improved my launch angle across the board, so I'll be putting the proV1 on the launch monitor and then playing them out on the course before deciding if I switch back to Titleist, or stay with Srixon.

But, even with all of that, during casual rounds, if I find a nice ball in good condition, I'll throw it down and play it just to get some initial impressions on it. No such ball has replaced the proV1 or Z-star for me though.

~Rock

I played the whole posting season last year with a single golf ball. It was a fantastic experience.

My swing sucks so hard right now, but when it's sorted I'll be locking into a single ball again, no question.

Back