Fiercely loyal to your golf ball?

DaveGolfer15

Reaction score
Handicap
8 (WHS)
Hey THPers 😊. There’s lots of threads and discussion on the forum about trying new golf balls, trialling, experimenting, switching balls depending on season, having practice round balls and ‘gamer’ balls etc... I was wondering if there’s anyone that, like me, really puts great weight on not switching balls? I’ve experimented in the past and found all of the leading tour level balls to be exceptional - different, but exceptional in their own way. I’ve found the ball that suits my game and I’m sticking with it! It’s the only bit of golf kit used for EVERY SINGLE SHOT and I don’t want another variable! I vowed last year not to hit a single golf ball on the golf course that’s not a Bridgestone Tour BXS and I’ll be doing the same this year...

I was once, but over the last few years, with less and less play, I have become more than willing to try other brands and types of balls. The one thing that I have trouble with is when I know I am playing a distance ball, I still have trouble not being concerned about it may react. And, while my game has improved from being healthy this year and playing - worrying about the ball should (for the most part) be a non-factor for me - that could change if I continue to show improvement though.

Not me. I enjoy trying out the newness. If one strikes my fancy, I’ll then buy more. Inevitably awaiting the new girl in town….

Henceforth my golf ball experimentation will be limited to balls with Callaway's Triple Track technology. They have a few options available to fit most golfers and I am glad the standard Chrome Soft works great for me. Triple Track? I'm hooked like Triple Crack.

I like trying new releases if it’s something I have played before. That being said I always come back to the Chrome soft because it works for me and my game.

Henceforth my golf ball experimentation will be limited to balls with Callaway's Triple Track technology. They have a few options available to fit most golfers and I am glad the standard Chrome Soft works great for me. Triple Track? I'm hooked like Triple Crack.

I like trying new releases if it’s something I have played before. That being said I always come back to the Chrome soft because it works for me and my game.
I need to buy a box of Cally balls. Not sure why I haven’t. This will be remedied. CS X yellow with TT would be nice. I assume they make that…will check their website.

Yep -- as stated in another thread, I confess to being a Pro V1x guy.

When I start running low on inventory, I tend to look around and try different manufactures but tend to stick with the same ones. Titleist and Snell are on the top of my list. Based on my inventory, I will not be looking for a different ball until next spring. (maybe)

I need to buy a box of Cally balls. Not sure why I haven’t. This will be remedied. CS X yellow with TT would be nice. I assume they make that…will check their website.
That should be a good fit for you!!

always looking for a unicorn ball.....never to be found with my game.

Not loyal to a brand as much as type. 3 piece, somewhere around 60-75 compression and urethane cover. When that type is on sale, I'm buying. I do have a favorite though....Snell Black.

I tend to play pretty much the same with different high end golf balls. I am not super loyal although I have a bunch of ProV1Xs in the house so I will be playing them for a while.

As I have posted before, the only time I will switch balls is when the manufacturer discontinues the model I'm playing. Even then I will stay with the same manufacturer.

I will try new balls, there really has to be something really ground breaking to get me to switch, which hasn't happened in quite awhile.

I like the Triple Track ball idea, but it is not my favorite to hit. My favorite is the Srixon Q-star tour that I roll and hit best. When on sale, I will buy more. Down to 3 dozen now so I am in no rush.

I'm not fiercely loyal to it since I most play cheaper Vice balls that perform well but I do love the TP5X. By far my favorite ball out of everything I've tested.

I play either Bridgestone E6/12 or Srixon QStar/Soft, I just like how both feel. Not a ProV fan, sure if I find one on the course(which is highly likely), I'll throw it in the bag and play it until I send it back to Nature(woods or water).

Have been playing the Bridgestone RX line ever since it was introduced 12 or so years ago and have no intention on changing.

Maxfli Tour is my go-to ball. Whenever I try something else, I always hit comparable shots with the Maxfli Tour to see how they compare and, to date, I've only found a few balls that compare favorably. One is the Titleist ProV1, but it quite a bit more expensive so I decided to stay with the Maxfli Tour. The Snell MTB-X also compares favorably, but I don't like the firmer feel so I say with the Maxfli Tour. I've got some 2021 Z Stars but yet to compare them. Played the Bridgestone RX and found it wanting in spin and distance when compared to the Maxfli Tour. When I find one that performs better, I'll switch without any reservations.

I am a ball ***** and I am willing to hop around trying different ones.
I also like value so if there's a good deal to be had I am in!!

I love the CS ball but at 45 a dozen I look for cheaper alternatives. The Srixxon Q Star Tour Divide has currently got my attention but I also have Wilson Elite 50's in the bag.

The Only ball I don't play are Pro V1's they feel hard to my old hands.

Last edited:
Right now I've got some ERC Soft TT, E12 Contact, and Srixon soft feel in my bag. My game isn't in shape enough for testing so unless that changes I'll probably stay with the Srixon since they're the cheapest. If my game rounds into form and I find one is superior for me to the others I will definitely stay locked in.

I play them all... I'd say mostly Srixon (QST AND XV) or Titleist(1X) but also love the Bridgesrone RX/S that performs and just need reminded of these. Got turned into Cut golf as a significant value play.

I’ve used the same ball pretty much for the past 3 or 4 years. Snell MTB Red which then became the Snell MTB X

I’m still learning exactly what I like so switch it up every so often. I prefer a softer feeling ball for feeling on and around the green.

I played the ChromeSoft TruVis, and Srixon Q-Star last year and will start there again.

Back