Filing Your Divots with Sand

Johan185

SoCal, KiteSurfer, Golf Enthusiasts
Reaction score
Handicap
How many of Us Repair and fill our Divots on the Tee Box? With Sand, Seed Mix provided?

How many times do we Complain that the Tee Boxes are filled with Divots and not a single decent location for Teeing up Our Golf Balls :drinks:

I fill my tee box divots provided there is something for me to fill them with. Usually try and fill in a couple around it as well before leaving the tee box, just like the green.

I have a quandary at my course as those of us who walk have no access to the sand/seed containers. They are only provided on the carts. If they left them on the tee box, I would use them.

I always fill mine and 2 others when I'm at the tee box. Same as fixing ball marks, I'll fix mine and 2 others just to help the course keep up.
I also have the sand attachment for my clicgear which I use for fairway divots.

I repair significantly more divots and ball marks than I make. If the mix is provided, then I will repair divots.

How many of Us Repair and fill our Divots on the Tee Box? With Sand, Seed Mix provided?

How many times do we Complain that the Tee Boxes are filled with Divots and not a single decent location for Teeing up Our Golf Balls :drinks:

Always, that's what my dad taught me. :)

If the mix is there then yes. Have been to several course where there is nothing there and it looks horrendous.

When provided, yes.

I try to refill mine on the tee and in the fairway as long as the sand is available. One of the guys at my club has an extremely negative angle of attack and takes a divot with his driver so he brings a sand bottles to the tee with him. For our end of the year MGA Ryder cup style tournament they actually decorated a couple bottles with faces and ribbons and had a sign on the first tee box saying they were for him.:ROFLMAO: I'll see if I can find a picture.

I am inconsistent.....I'll play 3 par 3's and not do anything...on the 4th I'll fill like 20....When divot sand put on carts. same thing. I like to walk and have other drive. So I'll sometimes not have sand to fill. Then on another hole I will empty the bottle on divots. Always bring em back empty. Leave the place in better shape than you found it....

You know this is something I never thought of, I'm guilty of it. I fill divots from the fairway or even if I chunk a ball out of the rough. Always fix 2 divots on the green. Mine and someone else's.

But on the tee box, specifically Par 3s, I don't fill sand on my divot.

That's on me.

I do. Sometimes though, my home course does not fill up the sand bottles on the carts. :dohanim:

Not that I have alot of tee box divots, since I ues a tee'd up ball everytime, but I fix divots. A divot on the tee box for me, is usually a fat shot.

I treat my divots just like ball impact marks on the green. I fix mine, and one, or two others.

With divots I tend to overfill them, because I know they will settle, or be run over, squashing them down. Not using enough fill mix will just leave a divot with a little mix in it.

If no mix material is available, I will use the chunk of turf I relocated with my swing. Sometimes I will use both.

Simple rule is to leave the course in better condition than how you found it. Every little bit helps.

I take a big divot so I always fill with sand when available. I will take a big scoop and fill in a couple with the leftovers.

I do. Sometimes though, my home course does not fill up the sand bottles on the carts. :dohanim:

Mine doesn't either and it doesn't have sand buckets on the par 3 tee boxes. If I remember to fill the sand bottle on the cart at the start of the round, or at the sand boxes located at 3 and 15, 5 and 7, 10, 12, I'll refill mine and a few others.

I'm trying to get better at this... On the greens, I 100% fix my divots... FW and tee box... Hmmmm. Uhhhh... Not as much :/

I do my best to take care of Tee boxes and everywhere else on the golf course if the mix is provided and even sometimes when it isn't if can find a patch of grass to put back. I especially fix marks in greens that for some reason folks think will magically fix themselves as they walk away leaving craters that their golf balls made.

If the sand it there to use, I try to. I don't see it usually

Tee box I always use a tee so no, fairway divot I replace cause up here they never have sand bottles. I think they save the sand for the roads in the winter. ?

Im a big divot filling advocate at our course. They provide par 3 tee box mix and also cart bottles with mix. Seems like im always filling and fixing one or two per hole and getting new bottles after the turn.

I fill my tee box divots provided there is something for me to fill them with. Usually try and fill in a couple around it as well before leaving the tee box, just like the green.

You fill divots on the green? :eek::p:cool:

I always use fill on a tee box when it's given in a box next to the tee, and I use the bottles at all times, my problem is, as large of divots as I take, I can use up two full bottles pretty quick even before the turn and I'm able to swap bottles, or the course doesn't refill the bottles before you start and you only have a 1.5 bottles or two halves.:banghead:

Back