If I had to watch one indie film, it would be Pi. Great, thought provoking film.

There is some really interesting stuff in that movie, outside of the math and conspiracy stuff.

What movie you need to look into is Suture. Look into it. Good "film theory" stuff happening in that move.

I like the name, hehe.

I have been dying to see stuff like Old Boy.
There is some really interesting stuffy in that movie, outside of the math and conspiracy stuff.

What movie you need to look into is Suture. Look into it. Good "film theory" stuff happening in that move.

I saw But I'm... a long time ago, and it's been showing on HBO or Showtime channels all month. The other is pretty well known, though I've never seen it. Keep in mind you're a young man, and probably shouldn't assume "people around here can't relate".

And I have to tell you, zombie and cannibal movies are a little cliche, though the one you reference is older. Have you seen Pink Flamingos, Eraserhead, Rabid, Night Breed, Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart, Videodrome, Rumblefish......

Believe me, you have a long way to go.

Kevin

More Japanesse/Korean stuff? Watch Audition. Great movie, it will stick with you for a very long time.

And I have to tell you, zombie and cannibal movies are a little cliche, though the one you reference is older. Have you seen Pink Flamingos, Eraserhead, Rabid, Night Breed, Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart, Videodrome, Rumblefish......

Blood Simple, Dawn of the Dead ('77), Mean Streets, Dr. Strangelove, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.

So many movies that are "indie".

Loved Audition.

Esox, I should have worded that differently. I simply wanted to find some films that were easy to find. I agree that the whole Cannibal thing is cliched, but it was an important work. I began to watch Blue Velvet and VideoDrome early last year, but it was late, and I fell asleep. Going to try again soon. Pink Flamingo's is knida the Classic example, isn't it?

Another indie film I just remembered, Elephant. Based on Columbine.
More Japanesse/Korean stuff? Watch Audition. Great movie, it will stick with you for a very long time.

It isn't an indie movie by any means, but you have to find and watch Seven Samurai. It is in my top 5 all time favorite movies.

Another film I started, I recorded it, but mother deleted it before I could finish. First hour was awesome.

Have you seen Hara-Kiri?
It isn't an indie movie by any means, but you have to find and watch Seven Samurai. It is in my top 5 all time favorite movies.

I wonder, could we consider Rocky Horror to be indie?

Funny to think of Blood Simple (Coen brothers) and Mean Streets (Scorsese) as indie films, but they have that feel.

Kevin

no. Aboslutely not. It is not more indie than Army of Darkness or Momento. It is a movie that people say is indie so they sound smarter.

Funny to think of Blood Simple (Coen brothers) and Mean Streets (Scorsese) as indie films, but they have that feel.

Kevin

They are independent films. No major studio support for either movie. But both films were early in the director's careers.

Thats kinda how I was leaning too. It is too famous. I mean heck, Glee honored it. It can't be too indie.
no. Aboslutely not. It is not more indie than Army of Darkness or Momento. It is a movie that people say is indie so they sound smarter.

Thats kinda how I was leaning too. It is too famous. I mean heck, Glee honored it. It can't be too indie.

Doesn't mean that it's not a great movie. Be careful of throwing movies away because they are not indie enough. I did that for too long. I have been rewatching movies that I had disregarded.

Doesn't mean that it's not a great movie. Be careful of throwing movies away because they are not indie enough. I did that for too long. I have been rewatching movies that I had disregarded.

Oh, I love RHPS. Just not indie like everyone says it is.

Should I watch Blood Simple, Videodrome, Blue Velvet, or Memento first?

If you like David Lynch stuff, watch Blue Velvet. I like Blood Simple. Otherwise do yourself a solid and watch Bladerunner.

If you like David Lynch stuff, watch Blue Velvet. I like Blood Simple. Otherwise do yourself a solid and watch Bladerunner.

Hmm. Choices choices. What do you think, Esox, you seem to know your stuff.

About to watch Blue Velvet, then onto blood simple. May catch videodrome before bed.

Stay up late. Watch all three. They're a wash. Blood Simple and Momento are more hard boiled noir type films. Blue Velvet is weird, creepy, and funny all at once. The scene where Dean Stockwell mouths Roy Orbison's "In Dreams" is priceless. Don't forget The Machinist with Christian Bale. Another good Guy Pearce movie is Ravenous, and you like cannibals.

No I'm trying to decide. I could watch Oldboy or Carnival of Souls. I perusing NetFlix through the Wii right now.

Kevin

No I'm trying to decide. I could watch Oldboy or Carnival of Souls. I perusing NetFlix through the Wii right now.

Carnival is fantastic. The first time I watched it, I was suprised at how much it creeped me out.

Well, Blue Velvet isnt working, so Blood simple it is. May catch Pink flamingos as a third.
Stay up late. Watch all three. They're a wash. Blood Simple and Momento are more hard boiled noir type films. Blue Velvet is weird, creepy, and funny all at once. The scene where Dean Stockwell mouths Roy Orbison's "In Dreams" is priceless. Don't forget The Machinist with Christian Bale. Another good Guy Pearce movie is Ravenous, and you like cannibals.

Kevin

Carnival is fantastic. The first time I watched it, I was suprised at how much it creeped me out.

I'll give it a shot. After Let the Right One In a couple nights ago, I'm looking for more good creepy, not screaming zombie creepy. There're are hundreds of those.

Kevin

May catch Pink flamingos as a third.

You better ask your Mom. LOL. Pretty sick in a few parts. "Hold those ****** chickens". LOL.

Carnival of Souls underway.

Kevin

Pink Flamingos...mmm...tasty.

Back