So the Wife and I watched The Audition last night. Um, no. A little too graphic for an old fellow like me.

Kevin

Softie!

Yeah, pretty graphic. I still can't eat chicken after Pink Flamingos.

Ah, here's one. The Wicker Man. Not the new one, the original.

My fiancé loves to call me a movie snob. I always just tell her the difference in my taste of movies and everyone else's is that I actually have some.

I currently have over 800 DVDs and Blu-Rays in my collection. Its sort of an obsession to me.

If you love indie films you should seriously check out a newly released film called 'Enter the Void' directed by Gaspar Noé. It will blow your mind.

My favorite director is Paul Thomas Anderson. He is responsible for my favorite all time film, 'Magnolia'.

Philip Seymour Hoffman is my favorite actor. He is consistently great and is in so many of my favorite films such as:

Capote
Doubt
Before The Devil Knows You're Dead
Owning Mahowny
25th Hour

This past year has been a great year for film. I've seen all 10 of the Best Picture nominees and for the first time in a long time I can see how every film nominated deserves the award. While my personal favorite film of last year was 'Black Swan', I know it doesn't stand a chance of taking home the Oscar.

Watched Donnie Darko again a few nights ago. Haven't seen it in many years. Forgot how much I really liked that movie and the soundtrack as well...

Ah, here's one. The Wicker Man. Not the new one, the original.

Excellent movie!! Added it to my collection a few months ago

You mean you don't prefer the Nicholas Cage version?? :act-up:

No, I only like him when he plays dark brooding skull headed pyromaniacs or insane sorcerers with poor taste in footwear

You mean you don't prefer the Nicholas Cage version?? :act-up:

That was a stinker. The original is quite good. That Britt Ekland is a good dancer.

Kevin

I see Being There and Dr. Strangelove are running on TCM tonight. That's a pretty good line up. The Asphalt Jungle is playing right now on the same channel. That movie is fantastic.

Kevin

I see Being There and Dr. Strangelove are running on TCM tonight. That's a pretty good line up. The Asphalt Jungle is playing right now on the same channel. That movie is fantastic.

Kevin

I. Love. Dr. Strangelove.

DVRd Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Life of Brian.

Aggro have you not seen Holy Grail? If not you are in for a treat. Thought Life of Brian was meh

I like Life of Brian. "F-U big nose". LOL.

Kevin

"I fart in you general direction, English pig-dog!"

Love me some Python

I like Life of Brian. "F-U big nose". LOL.

Kevin

Problem with Life of Brian was I saw it right after watching Holy Grail. Holy Grail is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Problem with Life of Brian was I saw it right after watching Holy Grail. Holy Grail is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

It is classic, no doubt.

Kevin

I have seen holy grail, not LoB.

Tis only a fleshwound!

I need a movie. I feel like being creeped out/ scared tonight. What are your suggestions?
Just so you know, I am notoriously unfazed by most "horror" movies. No slasher crap, unless it is a genuine masterwork, like the original Halloween. Seen the obvious ones, Blair, Exorcist, ect.

Original Last House on the Left.

yup, legendary.

Don't go horror. Go with the Red Riding trilogy. 1974, 1980, and 1984.

Awesome crime films.

Kevin

Going with last house on the left. May watch some red riding after.

Back