Finally Getting Fitted

theoz02

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been playing for a couple of years now. I have made the decision to go get fitted for a full bag (expect putter). I have a buddy that got me in with one of the top100 fitters in America. I am going in with an open mind, I want to hit as many different clubs as I can. What are some do's and don'ts? What can I expect? Thanks.

Sounds like you have a good plan, and having an open mind.
You are going to get tired, when you need a break take a 5 minute break otherwise the swing will go to crap and you won't get the most out of it.
If something feels weird in a shaft tell the fitter that you do or don't like it.
If they will let you, take a sleeve of ball with you that you normally play on the course.

I have no idea as I’ve never done this but please report back with all the fun!

Open minded is good, but don't be afraid to ask about trying things you are interested in.

Be sure you are stretched out and loose. You will be hitting a lot of shots 3-6 with your six iron and you will hit a bunch of different heads affixed to different shafts. Same with driver. Bring a couple of gloves too. They will chart on a monitor if indoor and probably a tracman outdoor to see things like, clubhead speed, ball speed smash factor and spin. Go into the fitting with open eyes and brand agnostic because although you think brand x looks the coolest, Brand y which you never thought of gives you the best numbers, dispersion etc. you ought to have a summary produced for each head and shaft you hit to compare.
Absolutely bring a few sleeves of the ball you play and/or a few sleeves of premium balls. Just saw a presentation of hitting range balls with premium ball in fitting, and trust me you want a premium ball. Also Make sure you get your specs at the end and the shaft type, length etc so if you are not buying on site you have them to shop around.
Good luck and have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have fun with it and try everything that you want. It is a fun process and the results will be worth it.

If they are a good fitter, they’ll walk you through the process and they’ll make sure you’re not making too many swings. They should have everything you need, including the golf ball you use, if it’s an indoor facility. Wear the shoes you play golf in. Don’t get caught up in numbers, that’s the fitters job. You focus on making good swings and letting the fitter know what you like and don’t like.

Back