Finally... hitting in to out

jjfcpa

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been working all winter hitting balls in my indoor hitting bay and watched a video today that finally helped me change my swing from out-to-in to in-to-out. It was such a simple thing, but it simply showed how to take the club to the top of the backswing and instead of trying to swing the club head towards the ball, letting the club drop first, then swinging down and into the ball.

Nothing I tried seemed to work and I watch tons of videos on how to stop coming over the top. I had almost given up and decided to try to play a fade on every shot till I watched this video and then put it in practice. Fortunately, I have a launch monitor so I can tell if I'm hitting in-to-out. Now that I have that working to my advantage, I'm also getting more distance than I've ever gotten before.

Good news. Keep up the good work.

Good for you, confidence is a huge part of golf.

I've been working all winter hitting balls in my indoor hitting bay and watched a video today that finally helped me change my swing from out-to-in to in-to-out. It was such a simple thing, but it simply showed how to take the club to the top of the backswing and instead of trying to swing the club head towards the ball, letting the club drop first, then swinging down and into the ball.

Nothing I tried seemed to work and I watch tons of videos on how to stop coming over the top. I had almost given up and decided to try to play a fade on every shot till I watched this video and then put it in practice. Fortunately, I have a launch monitor so I can tell if I'm hitting in-to-out. Now that I have that working to my advantage, I'm also getting more distance than I've ever gotten before.
Post the video?

jealous about the monitor saving yp to get mine

Sweet. Hope it continues to work for you

Congrats man!

Once that clicks it gets fun. I had a weak push fade when I started playing and once I learned to hit from the inside I picked up so much distance and could go at more flags. Then I started over-hooking the ball.. ?

Awesome! I think this is the tip that helped me most too... I still have a ton of work to go yet, but it’s a start! Lucky having the launch monitor!

Care to share a link to the video or was it not online?

Nice! Once you stop cutting across the golf ball with a glancing blow and putting spice spin on it, it’s amazing how much distance you pick up with every club.

Post the video if you can

Congrats, I feel your frustration, I have been working on it for 2 years but just can't seem to get the hang of dropping the club instead of swinging it.

Love to see if that video can help me.

Pretty soon you will be shot shaping! Way to go.

Post the video?
Please!! Would love to watch it as well.

Without seeing the video yet, I am wondering if he watched a Malaska video. This sounds like the "Malaska Move" which is dropping the hands then tipping the club before directing the club to ball. I have been a member of his site for 2 years and love his approach to the golf swing and teaching.

Congrats. It's truly a breakthrough and after a few months of not knowing where to aim, it'll pay off big. It will be an adjustment to not aim down the left side every drive~

I had a buddy that got back into golf after an 8-10 year hiatus. He used to have a natural, powerful, athletic swing. His old swing produced long straight bombs, now he had a hideous over the top swing that left him slicing everything. He got some lessons from a local Golf Galaxy that would work for a bit then the ott move would creep back in. The fundamentals of the swing change were not wrong it just didnt give him the basis for a permanent swing fix.

So he studied the swings of some of the pros that exaggerate the move to prevent an ott swing, especially Ryan Moore and that finally worked to get him consistently keeping the ball in play.

Back