Finau's Custom Piretti Putter

Seems to be helping this week, but it looks like they blindfolded themselves and drilled a hole for the shaft... Yikes.💩💩💩

Surprised at the shape combo...can't fault him for trying it... Odyssey did some crazy combos...

1607084919583.png

Nope it makes my head hurt

I had legitimate nightmares of this one last nights. Thanks a lot Dan.

Fitting that the banner ad at the top of this thread for me is a SeeMore ad.

Having the shaft connect to the head so far back of most of the mass must be an issue if you miss the sweetspot.

I remember the name - the Backstryke.

A bad look, but I can forget it right away. I mean, I played a Nike SQ Driver (square), and the LAB Putter, and VAS Irons back in the day. I'm open to ugly.

I dont mind it.. It is not the prettiest. But neither is the putter that I am currently using so who am I to judge.. If it help him break the Puerto Ricco curse then I am all for it.

I would be interested to see where that setup putts the hands in relation to the ball. I have a Dandy Golf putter in my office I keep hitting putts with and it gets the shaft behind the ball with the hands ahead but in a different way. I roll the ball really well in my office and am thinking about putting it back in play I just don't love the way it feels compared to other putters I have.

What shaft would you try?
I haven't jumped on the custom putter shaft bandwagon yet so they doesn't really register (I do own a Stroke Lab though, so I've experienced just one). I'd just wanna roll some with whatever shaft just to see if the look could work for me.

I'm assuming that it very well could as my Directed Force L.A.B. putter is literally center shafted with half of the putter head forward of the shaft.

Finau putting together a solid round with 3 straight up and downs. I guess it’s working. Although I’ll believe it when I see it on Sunday.

Dammit @Canadan now I’m blind.
HA, Ha, Ha

I noticed that yesterday afternoon when they showed him making a 3 footer and immediately thought, WTH?

Tune in to todays coverage and there is a chance you will see it again.....BTW, he is currently in 3rd place

Tune in to todays coverage and there is a chance you will see it again.....BTW, he is currently in 3rd place
5 straight one putts! 🔥

Currently tied for first!

Question I have is what is he trying to accomplish/correct/compensate with the shaft being mounted at the back?
There has to be a reason for this set up, Yes/No?

8 putts in his last 7 holes as he takes the lead 🤔

I watched a video of him trying to beat his own course record on an 8,400 yard course (68) and he just seems.. Cool.

My boss played in a pro am way back in the day (before he and gipper were on Big Break) and he came away so impressed and said he will root for him the rest of his career/life. Said both the Finaus were amazingly talented but even better people. He and one of our customers played in numerous pro ams and this is the only one he raved about. Nothing he has done since has contradicted that so I have rooted for him since then and will continue to.

My boss played in a pro am way back in the day (before he and gipper were on Big Break) and he came away so impressed and said he will root for him the rest of his career/life. Said both the Finaus were amazingly talented but even better people. He and one of our customers played in numerous pro ams and this is the only one he raved about. Nothing he has done since has contradicted that so I have rooted for him since then and will continue to.
that is a really cool story about him - thanks for sharing!

This looks like the type of putter you would get if you ordered a Piretti from Wish.com.

Back