Finding Motivation to Improve

I'd like to improve my physical conditioning which will no doubt be beneficial to my golf game and will allow me to keep my distance. Other than that, I'm just going to focus on getting as good as I can with what I've got and not chase new swings or technology, or adding more practice time for that matter.

I'm already feeling good about mostly right-to-left drivers and 3-woods off the tee, while playing fades with the irons. Being comfortable moving the ball either direction will definitely be helpful.

I love going to practice. It gets me outside and not sitting around. My goal is to get into single digits and i feel i have stalled over the last 4 months or so. I saw some great improvement over the last 2 weeks so it is nice to feel like i am finally moving in the right direction.

I love playing golf...I hate playing golf poorly! That's my motivation!

Like most here golf is my passion. I love the opportunity to get out to play/practice. I do have to make time for it by waking up early to practice before work because I like spending time in the evening with my girls.

Motivation to get better isn’t as hard for me as it is to exercise because I enjoy being at the golf course.

Ever go out and been even par through 4 holes? You've had a bogey, a birdie, and two pars. You have this feeling the sky is about to fall. Yeah, that feeling... and it does.

I must really like to practice, because I've seriously given up on improvement and yet, I still like to work on my game... a lot. And I'm not talking about mindlessly hitting balls, I mean really working on technique.

I'll look back on this someday and either feel like I've wasted my life... or wish I'd done more of it. All I know is I haven't quit yet and am looking forward to another year of crushed dreams.

For me, the worst feeling is when I really commit to getting better, get lessons, put in the practice, etc.... then inexplicably seem to get worse.

I’ve been practicing my chipping and putting every day for at least an hour or two. It goes well on the practice greens. Then when I play a round, I’m blading chips off the green into the water on the other side, and 3-putting like a champ. This game is such a mindf***

I think sometimes it feels like an endless battle because we constantly adjust our own expectations after we see any type of improvement. All of a sudden your own bar changes... for me, so long as I’m still having fun I’m good with that. I love challenging myself.

Back