Finn Scooters: A Brand Story

I felt the way I think it’s all about perception. That first turn for me was a really wide one in fear of not wanting to tip over.:D

I tend to push the limits before I should.:oops: I adjusted on the fly. If I lived near and was a member, I'd buy a Finn and drive it to the course. I'm going to suggest buying them to my nearby course.

Last edited:
Another great brand story write up. I always enjoy these articles because you knock them out of the park with the great blend of storytelling and detail.
According to there “Find a Finn” we’re in a dead zone nearest is Columbus or Louisville

I wish that our course here had them for rent....If they were avail at a Experience, I would choose it for sure

I wish that our course here had them for rent....If they were avail at a Experience, I would choose it for sure
Have you asked your course? In our experience that is one of the best ways to bring attention to it.

Fun article and cool backstory. I'd love to try one someday and likely will BUT I've said it before I think its ridiculous that you have to pay extra to take a Finn Scooter, golf board or whatever it is thats different from a traditional cart.
Maybe that's due to insurance/liability reasons? There's a course close by that offers these and I'm definitely trying one out when I get the chance but this looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Rent some frat bros a slow, battery powered dirt bike, cut them loose on a course with 100 other people and sell them booze at the same time? You know where that's headed.

Maybe that's due to insurance/liability reasons? There's a course close by that offers these and I'm definitely trying one out when I get the chance but this looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Rent some frat bros a slow, battery powered dirt bike, cut them loose on a course with 100 other people and sell them booze at the same time? You know where that's headed.
I’m not sure if you read the article or not, but this isn’t happening and not sure it would. They aren’t crazy fast, they do less damage than a regular cart and the sign in through app handles the legal jargon.

"Not intending to upgrade the carts in the near future" I did use the Find a Finn and will try to get a couple of guys and go "visit"

A couple of Dallas public courses have them. Will need to reserve and visit.

Not sure I am in favor.
Looks like a fun option for the 30 something crowd.
The average age for a private course is right around 60.
Can't really see a bunch of seniors teeing it up and riding down the fairway.
Riding a motorcycle takes practice. I know, did it for years. The probability of someone falling is really high. In addition, the danger increases exponentially if you are playing on a course with any degree of elevation.
Wet grass and hills are a really bad combination.
Club liability would be a huge issue.
There would have to be a waiver signed before each use.
Here are my pros and cons
Rainy day....nope cart....yup
Beer consumption....huge no cart...as long as you are not driving..yup
Multiple drink holders.....nope cart...yup
Divot mix.....nope cart....yup
Cooler...nope cart....yup
Cigar clip accessibility.....no...not really cart...yup
Speed of play....sort of ..the cart issue mentioned in the story is an easy fix with a bit of education by the club.
Socializing with your playing partner....certainly not while you are driving. Cart...yup
Fun quotient....that is the only real selling point.
Anyhow, that's my quick take on this riding option.
Any thoughts?

Great article and quite timely for me. My neighbor just bought a Finn Cycle last week and he is having a blast with it. I can't wait to get a try on it.

Not sure I am in favor.
Looks like a fun option for the 30 something crowd.
The average age for a private course is right around 60.
Can't really see a bunch of seniors teeing it up and riding down the fairway.
Riding a motorcycle takes practice. I know, did it for years. The probability of someone falling is really high. In addition, the danger increases exponentially if you are playing on a course with any degree of elevation.
Wet grass and hills are a really bad combination.
Club liability would be a huge issue.
There would have to be a waiver signed before each use.
Here are my pros and cons
Rainy day....nope cart....yup
Beer consumption....huge no cart...as long as you are not driving..yup
Multiple drink holders.....nope cart...yup
Divot mix.....nope cart....yup
Cooler...nope cart....yup
Cigar clip accessibility.....no...not really cart...yup
Speed of play....sort of ..the cart issue mentioned in the story is an easy fix with a bit of education by the club.
Socializing with your playing partner....certainly not while you are driving. Cart...yup
Fun quotient....that is the only real selling point.
Anyhow, that's my quick take on this riding option.
Any thoughts?

I am 67 and rode one - most fun I've had on the golf course driving down a fairway. Socialized a lot with the partners - you tend to forget your crap shots :LOL: and talk more getting off the scooter.

I overstated the issue, just attempting honesty as to my first impressions and adjustment. Like anything new, one adjusts - as @JB said, it's like a golf cart. You have to relax your expectations - it's a scooter with golf clubs not a dirt bike.:LOL: Great fun, wind in your face, cools you off on a warm day.

Last edited:
Great read!!

I need to try a Finn Scooter bad!! It just makes so much sense to me! Now add in that I’m a motorcycle enthusiast, and I’m close enough to the golf course that it makes sense for me to ride this to/from home as well…

@JB this might be the greatest article ever written on THP! It was engaging and super informative. I can’t see how anyone would not want to test a Finn Scooter after reading this.

Do you know of any courses near us we could give them a run? I feel like one was mentioned. I think we need to schedule a Finn outing.
I think Heatherwoode has them

I think Heatherwoode has them
looks like the "find a Finn" is accurate. A quick call to the pro shop said no Finn's :cry:

Great write-up! I love these Brand stories. They always make me want to buy or try something.

Great read, love these brand stories. REALLY want to try one of these. A couple random questions.

The article mentioned a growing list of accessories; coolers, sun/rain protection, etc. Has anyone had a chance to try any of these?

Any issues with the kick stand in wet conditions?

Does it have reverse or manual backup?

Great read, love these brand stories. REALLY want to try one of these. A couple random questions.

The article mentioned a growing list of accessories; coolers, sun/rain protection, etc. Has anyone had a chance to try any of these?

Any issues with the kick stand in wet conditions?

Does it have reverse or manual backup?

no issues at all with kick stand.
We have used the cooler plenty and it works great so far.

Is there concerns with these in wet conditions? I've seen some carts do complete 360's going down a hill when the grass is wet, scary stuff

Man, these things are so cool. I may try one out down in myrtle if any of the courses we are playing have them.

They look so fun.

20220610_081613.jpg

Great read. Have yet to see one in person, but there is one course around me that has them so might have to go try it one day. I could definitely see the round being incredibly fast if an entire foursome had these.

My wife and i rented Finn Scooters at a local course here. They are a blast to ride and super easy to handle. The checkout process was seamless and simple. It is the only course in town that i know of that has them or i would do it more. I might not do it when it is 105 out here but there would be plenty of opportunity through the year to use theses here and be comfortable. POP was really fast that day and it was fun cruising to your ball.

Once again i love the THP brand stores. They are always well done and you get some great insight into a companies background!

Back