JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m sure we have other threads on these, but it seems appropriate after this past weekend at the THP Experience.

D72002A7-6BBE-40D2-9F23-D19DFF83405F.gif

I’m sure we have other threads on these, but it seems appropriate after this past weekend at the THP Experience.

View attachment 9020226

those contributed hugely to one of the most fun if not the most round of golf I have ever played.

I went from a bit of a skeptic on how useful they could be to a total convert.

I really want to try one. They looked like a freaking blast.

Have them at a local course… next time I play there it’s non-negotiable that I’ll be on one!

A mix of my two loves -- golf and motorcycling!

I want one is a real bad way. Our local golf shop has a sweet green one on display and I lust over it every time I'm there. They seem like they'd be so much fun and make the round quick if you had players using them consistently.

legitimate feedback on them:

1- Super easy to get connected and go - App makes you sign your life away, 30 bucks later, it's time to ride.

2- Getting used to it is pretty basic. Brakes on each handlebar (front and back tire individually) and the gas is a right thumb compression style button. You get quickly used to the speed variances and with both feet free, it's SUPER easy to balance.

3- The turning is a little bit wider than you'd expect, which I would argue actually makes it easier/safer to ride as you progress the straight lines of a hole. Just have to be a bit smart when you're taking turns especially when sand is involved.

4- The freedom to get super close to the green, similar to a push cart, is awesome. Made it really fun to navigate the course and have short walks to the tee and green.

5- It's just... FUN.

legitimate feedback on them:

1- Super easy to get connected and go - App makes you sign your life away, 30 bucks later, it's time to ride.

2- Getting used to it is pretty basic. Brakes on each handlebar (front and back tire individually) and the gas is a right thumb compression style button. You get quickly used to the speed variances and with both feet free, it's SUPER easy to balance.

3- The turning is a little bit wider than you'd expect, which I would argue actually makes it easier/safer to ride as you progress the straight lines of a hole. Just have to be a bit smart when you're taking turns especially when sand is involved.

4- The freedom to get super close to the green, similar to a push cart, is awesome. Made it really fun to navigate the course and have short walks to the tee and green.

5- It's just... FUN.

I will echo this and as perspective and maybe connection. For those that have ever rented a like bike or similar product. It is essentially the same process.

the one debate we had after the fact (it was happening no matter what the pricetag was) related directly to the 30 dollar buy in. If I were to play down there for five straight days, it's very unlikely that I would take more than one or two rides on the Finn, despite the fact that it's officially my preferred method of golf course travel.

If there was something built into the price of the round to where they drop 20 if you confirm you're taking a Finn, it'd be five times out of five, but it'd definitely get old tacking on 30 bucks to each round.

I priced one. I didn’t even ride this weekend and I effing want one now.

These are very high on my list to try. Next course I play where they’re available…

I'm assuming private clubs would view them the same as personal golf carts (i.e., wouldn't allow you to use your own on the course) rather than the same as electric trolleys (M7, M5, etc.)?

if ever I am at a place that has these I am so going to try it. Look like so much fun.

I need to get on one of these!

One of the courses I play an hour and a half away has these and once I rode one, I won't ever use anything else. $10 more than a seat in a cart. Absolute no brainer! Glad more people are seeing how incredible these things are lol

I first heard about these about a year ago, and still haven't played a course that has them. I will absolutely take one out the first time I play a course that has them, been looking forward to it too long.

@Vosh68 let me borrow his Finn for a fairway. It was great fun. I'd play golf all day on one even in the sun. The wind blast you get and the smile on your face takes away any feelings of the previous shot, and cools you down. But no sharp turns allowed.

Last edited:
Back