Firestone as PGA Championship Host

Nate<80

Team Hackers, Morgan Cup 2022
Reaction score
Handicap
11.3 Grint
Nothing official yet, but this would be so big for Northeast Ohio. I think Firestone would be a great host and the crowds would be massive. Maybe a major opportunity for Tiger? He has won here a meager 8 times :cool:

Nothing official yet, but this would be so big for Northeast Ohio. I think Firestone would be a great host and the crowds would be massive. Maybe a major opportunity for Tiger? He has won here a meager 8 times :cool:

Absolutely agree. They can trick that course up so well with the rough.....goooooood luck

That could get super hard!

I like it.

Lots of fans are familiar with the course so that always makes it more enjoyable

Absolutely agree. They can trick that course up so well with the rough.....goooooood luck

That’s what I was thinking. Speed the greens up and let that rough grow. Think about the Seniors last year, I’m pretty sure something around even won it 👀

With high rough the South course would be one of the most difficult in the country. The North course, although much different than the South, is also a really great layout.

With high rough the South course would be one of the most difficult in the country. The North course, although much different than the South, is also a really great layout.

The North is certainly a great layout. Just don’t think they could make it difficult enough for a Major.

When we had a thread a few weeks ago Firestone came to mind. I just don’t want to see -25 win a PGA Championship. They would have to toughen up conditions there.

When we had a thread a few weeks ago Firestone came to mind. I just don’t want to see -25 win a PGA Championship. They would have to toughen up conditions there.

Right, I agree. I think they have the ability to toughen it up. You gotta hit fairways on the South, and they could make the rough be essentially a one stroke penalty.

Back