First Driver Fitting -- Higher Handicap version :D

Weezel

- Formerly @HighLevelHacker -
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Well, I have my first Driver fitting this Saturday 3/9. This is the higher handicap version :D. I'm a 23.1 handicap at the moment and looking to gain more control which is most important but distance is probably 1b in what I want out of this.

I was thinking of sharing my experience in here and discussing everything I tried. I can't wait to see what ends up working best for me and my swing! I'm open to try any brand but my favorites that I love to play are Taylormade, Mizuno, Ping and Titleist. But if it's something other than that, so be it! As long as it gives more consistent control and can add even a few more yards.

I'm excited but not looking forward to swinging the driver 50+ times. Lol.

Well, I have my first Driver fitting this Saturday 3/9. This is the higher handicap version :D. I'm a 23.1 handicap at the moment and looking to gain more control which is most important but distance is probably 1b in what I want out of this.

I was thinking of sharing my experience in here and discussing everything I tried. I can't wait to see what ends up working best for me and my swing! I'm open to try any brand but my favorites that I love to play are Taylormade, Mizuno, Ping and Titleist. But if it's something other than that, so be it! As long as it gives more consistent control and can add even a few more yards.

I'm excited but not looking forward to swinging the driver 50+ times. Lol.
Enjoy the process.

It’s great you’re going in open minded to whatever the fitting says is best. Looking forward to seeing what you get fit into!

Spill your guts! I’ve been playing for 35+ years and still feel like my swing isn’t worth “fitting”. Looking forward to hearing about your experience!

Looking for to hearing about your fitting process. Hope it goes well for you.

Heck yes! Getting a good driver fitting is so crucial. Especially for a high capper. It’s helped me become a bogey golfer.

Can’t wait to follow your progress and hear about your experience!

@Weezel enjoy it! Remember that you are paying for a service. The fitter should work for you. So make him/her work! Try everything! Buy what YOU want! And. Have fun doing it! 😁 I look forward to hearing about your experience.

Appreciate you sharing your experience @Weezel. Hope you find a great fit.

Enjoy it and looking forward to your feedback on how it went and what all you hit during the process!

The only thing I'm worried about is that I've had no time to swing a club yet this year... Probably not a good idea. Lol. Maybe I'll take some swings without the ball in the yard tonight to loosen up a little.

Looking forward to hearing how it went. And it should be way more than 50 swings haha

Have a great time, can't wait to hear about your experience. I would just say don't worry so much about your swing a good fitter should be able to work with what you bring most likely. Also if you hate something once you see/swing it, say something quickly, don't waste time on something you hate.

Well I'm screwed. 😄 Haven't swung a club in a few months. Lol. But I'm sure it'll work out. I'm too excited to reschedule since I already waited 3 weeks for this and it's here tomorrow.
Ignore that part and focus on the rest, then. ;) Make the best of what you have, your fitter will work through it with you.

I personally think that fittings help higher handicaps than lower. I have some low cap buddies that can hit anything.

I hit SO many balls during my PXG driver fitting. Not trying to brag and it’s not like I’m some star athlete or something but I never once got tired, probably because I was naturally pacing myself.

So my advice is just go slow and let the best driver naturally emerge, you’ll know when you hit it. Also the shaft is more important than the club head imo. But the fitter knows that and that will be one of the first things they fit you into.

Back