First driver fitting

That was both insightful and depressing. I also think I have an aversion to hitting golf balls indoors. Quick thoughts: Using numbers alone, we ended up in a Cobra LTDx LS head and VA Composites Drago 65 shaft. I was unfamiliar with this model, but it felt very good. I didnt really get along with the Motore X or the Tensei Silver. Big ball speed gains, even on mishits. It would take a lot of coaxing to sneak a purchase like that past the wife, so I didn't dare make the purchase there.

Mike at Club Champion was very knowledgeable in what he's got on the wall and what he's watching. He did his best to explain everything he was doing and his thoughts about what we were seeing. I'd have no issue suggesting people go see him.

That was both insightful and depressing. I also think I have an aversion to hitting golf balls indoors. Quick thoughts: Using numbers alone, we ended up in a Cobra LTDx LS head and VA Composites Drago 65 shaft. I was unfamiliar with this model, but it felt very good. I didnt really get along with the Motore X or the Tensei Silver. Big ball speed gains, even on mishits. It would take a lot of coaxing to sneak a purchase like that past the wife, so I didn't dare make the purchase there.

Mike at Club Champion was very knowledgeable in what he's got on the wall and what he's watching. He did his best to explain everything he was doing and his thoughts about what we were seeing. I'd have no issue suggesting people go see him.

What were the rough numbers? Also I hate hitting indoors and turn into a mental midget. Something about it just doesnt jive.

On the bright side it sounds like the LTD is maximizing your miss allows you to see good stuff on well struck shots.

Started out around 90mph club head, finished around 95-97, but still seeing a lot of spin. Was seeing mid to high 130s ball speed off the Cobra head. I just hate hitting into a screen and not being able to see the ball. It seemed like everything was a pull to begin with. I'd much rather be outdoors. I really wish it wasn't time limited and I wasn't just pounding driver and nothing else, but that's no way to run a business.

Started out around 90mph club head, finished around 95-97, but still seeing a lot of spin. Was seeing mid to high 130s ball speed off the Cobra head. I just hate hitting into a screen and not being able to see the ball. It seemed like everything was a pull to begin with. I'd much rather be outdoors. I really wish it wasn't time limited and I wasn't just pounding driver and nothing else, but that's no way to run a business.
Hitting into a screen is tough. Personally I find myself just swinging way too hard, not really making a realistic course swing. Does sound the LTDx LS will be a good fit even out on the course. If you saw improvements in a less than ideal setting have to think it'll only be better when you're more comfortable. Thanks for sharing!

Not to worry, you have a range tomorrow to see your ball flight and you’ll be half frozen, so nothing can or will go wrong here

Not to worry, you have a range tomorrow to see your ball flight and you’ll be half frozen, so nothing can or will go wrong here
What time am I supposed to be there anyway?

Finally found a spot at the bar at a red lobster for dinner. Couldn't even park at Kobe or Outback. It was either here or Krispy Kreme. I'm not sure I've chosen wisely.

What time am I supposed to be there anyway?

Finally found a spot at the bar at a red lobster for dinner. Couldn't even park at Kobe or Outback. It was either here or Krispy Kreme. I'm not sure I've chosen wisely.

11:50, I’ll be there probably close to 11? Maybe 10:30, haven’t decided yet all things considered.

11:50, I’ll be there probably close to 11? Maybe 10:30, haven’t decided yet all things considered.
Ok, just listen for squealing tires around quarter to noon.

Ok, just listen for squealing tires around quarter to noon.

Probably smartest of the group, less in the cold. Greens should be firm and fast and slightly frozen

Oh yeah, that driver combo we finished with was at D7. Is that bad?

Oh yeah, that driver combo we finished with was at D7. Is that bad?
There is no bad, it’s just swing weight. It’s a bit heavier than off the rack. Out of curiosity what was the price tag for the fitted combo?

993 after tax.

Back