First Irons You Ever Bought?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Not hand me downs or something used, what is the first new set of irons you ever bought?

2010 Taylormade Burners

Wilson 1200LT boxed set about 43 years ago.

This was not that long ago. Mizuno JPX 917 Hot Metals. Prior to that I had always bought used. I had been playing some old Pings for 12 years when I bought those.

Adams A7 Idea irons.

1655844116379.jpeg

Boxed Set of +1" Aspire X1 - which have been all fully replaced from driver to putter at this point in my 2nd year of golf.

Slazenger box set but that came with woods, putter, bag etc. First stand alone iron set was Taylormade RAC OS 2.

Ben Hogan CFT, with the two hybrids, the rest irons, and all steel shafts.

The Ping's I currently use that came from the Ultimate weekend event are the first brand new set of irons I've ever had. Thanks THP

Mizuno MP33s

First brand new set were precept, gifted to me as a kid from my pops.

First purchased by me were a graduation present to myself, 04 callaway bug bertha irons.

Nike VRS Forged
Screenshot_20220621-144622_eBay.jpg
Still have the 3I head somewhere:D.

First was a box set of Top Flites after I graduated HS. First individual set of irons were Taylormade RSi 2’s

Ping i25 irons. Bought them in 2015 right as I joined THP. I believe my first or very close to first post mentions that I had them on order. I found out about the i25 irons in the hot list (no joke) and thought they looked cool. That was all I knew.

Callaway X20

My parents bought me a set of no name knock offs when I was in highschool. The first name brand irons I bought were Ping Eye2 BeCu and I still have them.

Set of St. Andrews irons (Las Vegas Golf and Tennis House Brand) purchased in the 80s. I still have them.

Went to the local Kmart and bought a set of Spaulding Executives. I had been in the Air Force for 6 months and i thought i was somebody just going in and buying a whole set, just writing that check baby, The year? 1977

Last edited:
Back