First Irons You Ever Bought?

I bought the whole set woods and irons , Hagen internationals. 1966

Mizuno MP-32's

Got mine in 1979 when I started playing in the 9th grade. About 1.5 years later, I guess I thought I had the game all figured out and asked for and got Wilson Staff blades for Christmas. 😂

thats a great upgrade 👍🏻🤣

Still haven't technically bought a new set haha. First new set I ever played is my current PTX Pros that I got thanks to :thp:.

First set ever bought was a used set of TM R7s.

In 1995 after lots of testing I was smart enough to pick up the Cleveland VAS 792s.

They looked like spaceships and I eventually added the putter and the 3w which was a bomber.

Wilson MS-600, in the spring of 1995.

I wish I could've sprung for the King Cobras, but the high school grocery store job wasn't paying enough at the time. :LOL:

Taylormade M4

Tour edge xcg6

Adams Idea Pro Golf with the hybrids

Wilson FG17s. I could even hit them well back then too. ⛳

...is embarrassing! They were part of a Northwestern boxed set. 3, 5, 7, and 9 irons only.

You know you are getting old when more than half the named "first irons" didn't even exist when you got yours.

Wilson Aggressor irons….79F131BB-AC47-4AA7-B4C5-8203E56C51B4.jpeg

Last edited:
The first new set I purchased was in 1980-81, some Macgregors not sure which one but they were blades and persimmon woods. Impossibly hard to hit! :LOL: Before that I had a used set of Spaldings.

I have never bought new irons. My first set of new irons came from shaft Up like 4 years a go when I got the srixon 565s.

Wilson MS-600, in the spring of 1995.

I wish I could've sprung for the King Cobras, but the high school grocery store job wasn't paying enough at the time. :LOL:
I don't know about you, but I was making $1.50/hr. when I had that job in high school.

Hippo OS Irons.

My very first set was a Dunlap box set. used it till the woods literally started falling apart. :LOL:

Mizuno Titanium MGC 35

7823cf9393348855bf2ecfaf8b337ed9.jpg

Monsters when you middle it but wow was distance control a challenge. On a round an 8i could go 130 to 210 yards….

A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I lived off hand me down and used sets for a long time. First new set was a combo Srixon 565/765 set. Fantastic irons!

Set of MIzuno MP18's (y)

Back