First Irons You Ever Bought?

Cleveland TA7's

Titleist 718MBs with KBS C-Tapers

Brand new…. Ping Eye 2 knock offs. Man, I just can’t think of the brand though..maybe Level Two?

First major brand set I bought new were Mizuno MP-25’s.

1977 Spalding Executives

Again with Nike. First set I bought were Nike Machspeed SQ. Up until that point I had played hand me down Max Fli irons that my brother gave me.

I remember loving the looks, but they weren't really big performers for me. LOL.

My ping G400s were my first new set ever

Wow. I've always bought used clubs. The first new clubs I ever bought are the G30s I'm playing now, bought a few years ago.

Used Spaulding Executives and Ben Hogan driver/woods. Whole set-up ran me $35. Bought X out golf balls at K-Mart. Walking 18 at the university golf course set you back $1.75. Ah, the life of a college student.

King Snake II , they were a King Cobra II knockoff , played them for a long time , then finally went to a set of Wishon 752's

A set of Powerbilt HB Fuzzy Zoeller signature set from K-Mart in the late 80s! I actually broke par for the first time on a work golf league with those! I gave them away to a co-workers son, hope they served him well...I bought a gently used set of Ping Eye 2s from a guy around 1991-92 and I still use those to this day! No joke, and I still love them! They have been re-gripped since! Lol!

1st new ones were Lynx Black Cats in the 90s. Pro brought all the models he thought might work out to the range and 'fitted' me per visual ball flight, contact, and feels. Pro spent 2-3 hours comparing models, shaft guesstimates, assessing lie/loft/length etc... B4 ordering my set of 11 Black Cats. Gamers until @2014. Ill probably never get rid of them.

0809221051_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Tommy Armour 845’s

1968 Macgregor tourney MT - Thanks Mom

Cobra s9, still playing them.

Some sort of Wilson box set back in 1997. Played them for a long time (not well mind you) until the 4 iron head flew off during a swing. I'm not sure what I went to next though.

Lynx Black Cats. Played Hand me down Wilson Staff '69 Bullet Backs and Royals before that.
20A8D7CE-D873-4ECC-97CE-27CDBEA25085_4_5005_c.jpeg

Last edited:
Taylormade burner supersteel

Ping I3+ irons

Attachments

• apijlq5jb__83111.1592339414.jpg
    apijlq5jb__83111.1592339414.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 1
Taylormade RSI2’s I believe were the first new irons I ever bought if I’m remembering correctly.

edit: whoops that is incorrect. Good ol cbaker2882 WITB thread to the rescue lol. Mizuno JPX 825 forged were the first new set I bought.

Powerbilt HB Momentum 2-PW (around 1988 I guess). I used my dad’s clubs as a jr. prior to that.

I played a set of Pal Joey (knock off Ping eye2 irons) for years.

When I got serious about golf many years later I bought a new set of TM Burner Plus irons

Back