First Lesson on Thursday

Xarraan

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm excited and nervous. I'm not sure if I can be helped as big as I am. But I will go in with my head held high. If they can get me off the tee without taking a penalty stroke ill consider it a win.

I remember some of the same feelings before my first lesson. Go in with an open mind, and be confident that your instructor will be able to help you find some improvements.

In the process, don't let minor setbacks become major detractors from your mindset. Changes might take a while to become second nature, and the goal is overall improvement, not instant gratification.

Thanks SH. I know my range is limited and not being able to turn my right foot on the swing is the biggest hindrance. With the weight loss and practice hopefully that will all change

I'm excited and nervous. I'm not sure if I can be helped as big as I am. But I will go in with my head held high. If they can get me off the tee without taking a penalty stroke ill consider it a win.

Congrats on the first lesson coming up, definitely go in with a clear open mind and Im sure they will be able to help get you where you need to be!

Lessons are awesome. Enjoy it!

Congrats on the lessons. GREAT move. Don't worry about your physical stuff, real or otherwise. That should be part of the initial conversation...where you are at as a player, strengths and weaknesses, goals/what you want to get out of the lesson series, physical impairments, etc. Any pro worth his salt will be able to work around whatever you're dealing with.

Congrats on taking the first step toward improvement! I did the same thing back in March I am so happy that I did! As others have said the pro will be able to work with you no matter what, I will say be patient though. In the beginning you may feel that you are getting worse instead of improving. For me I had grip and address issues that were affecting my whole swing. So I have ingrained those in my head moving forward. It really is a process and if you are committed to getting better take the time to practice and really work on all the drill in between lessons that way you will get the most out of each session.

Again great stuff and good luck with everything cant wait to see the progress in AC!

Lots of good info already said. I just took my first lesson of five scheduled lessons today.

Like others have said go in with an open mind, you will feel overwhelmed with all the info your instructor tells you but listen to them(do not hear there's a difference). Concentrate and focus on what he tells you and ingraining those changes into your game.

Good luck man! I just started my first lessons as well, they're a blast! I have learned so much already

Great to hear! Lessons make a world of difference for most people. I had my first in 1973 or 74 and my last, last fall. More tune ups than lessons for me now, but still it is best to have a qualified set of eyes looking things over from time to time. All my work now is on putting.

Good luck with the lesson!

It's come and gone. He has me working in learning to turn my body and ending up on my toes. I've always swung with my arms and I have a long road ahead of me

Good for you!

Just remember, if the game was easy there wouldn't be a career called teaching pro :)

Congrats. Keep after it. Remember that results only come with focused practice. Simply attending the lesson and then trying to think about what was taught the next round isn't enough. You have to do the drills to ingrain the lesson.

Congrats! One big guy to another, don't worry! Some structured practice will help with the golf, the weight loss and the health! Wins all round! Enjoy it!

Back