First Look – Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Bird of Prey and Ten Putters

I hope these do well and are a sign of things to come from odyssey. An all black version of the #7 with the firmer insert would be a great addition for me.

Was just messing around with a flow neck Marxman SL putter at the shop and now I'm itching to get the TEN S I pre-ordered!

I may or may not have started the conversation to preorder these.... if you are going to preorder DEFINITELY contact @Ryan_BudgetGolf

Will be well worth your while.

Awesome info earlier jman, looking forward to 11/1 when we can start finding these in stores

I’m putting lights out with my EXO Marxman, but I find myself still wanting to try out both of these putters. But i do think the insert is perfect, so not sure how I’d feel about a firmer insert.

I will be curious your thoughts. I think Budget has pre-order available through Ryan.

They definitely do! I have been working with Ryan and Scott. Should have my pre order complete tomorrow.

My problem with the X was it felt too rounded off. Now this comes out with an answer to that very thought...slightly more rigid with angles.

I think I dig it. I really dig the 10. But Luke and Sean’s opinions are more important so I’ll let them decide for me

Well Phil’s experiment didn’t last long. He already left the 10 behind.

Well Phil’s experiment didn’t last long. He already left the 10 behind.

Did you think he would keep it? i know he likes to tinker, but that #9 putter has served him well over the years its hard to imagine it would be shelved for long

Did you think he would keep it? i know he likes to tinker, but that #9 putter has served him well over the years its hard to imagine it would be shelved for long

I mean, no. But it takes a lot of the story away for the 10. If it was finally the putter to get phil out of that 9 it would be a big deal

I mean, no. But it takes a lot of the story away for the 10. If it was finally the putter to get phil out of that 9 it would be a big deal
Does it though?

To me the Phil thing was a footnote, like Phil’s streaky ass putting itself. The real story will be how many we see on TV over the next weeks as the season starts rolling, and from what I’ve heard the answer to that is a lot.

Does it though?

To me the Phil thing was a footnote, like Phil’s streaky ass putting itself. The real story will be how many we see on TV over the next weeks as the season starts rolling, and from what I’ve heard the answer to that is a lot.

It definitely does take away from it. Whether what it potentially takes away really means anything at all in the end is different. But it definitely takes some of it away since they posted social media stuff about that specific story line. Go look at their instagram and who is holding the #10 in their photos. IMO it takes away from it if he isn't even using it.

It definitely does take away from it. Whether what it potentially takes away really means anything at all in the end is different. But it definitely takes some of it away since they posted social media stuff about that specific story line. Go look at their instagram and who is holding the #10 in their photos. IMO it takes away from it if he isn't even using it.
Agree here. There's a big difference between "Phil is tinkering" and "Phil has switched putter shapes!". They marketed the latter.
To be honest though, we all knew Phil wasn't switching putters right?

I think if they get some tour wins with it, the Phil not using it storyline goes away quickly.

Agree here. There's a big difference between "Phil is tinkering" and "Phil has switched putter shapes!". They marketed the latter.
Anyone with a sane mind knew he wouldn’t stick with it. It’s why it’s a non issue for me.

New putters from Odyssey and we have the full breakdown on the home page here.

Great writeup! The SL-10 S is on my radar. Want to give it a roll, but I have a feeling it's going to beat out the Marxman-S. I already like the looks a little better.

honestly though when would they or any other oem ever market the former?

I think if they get some tour wins with it, the Phil not using it storyline goes away quickly.
For the number one putter brand in the world and the winningest putter brand every single year, that shouldn’t be an issue.

Back