First Look – Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Bird of Prey and Ten Putters

I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I do this every year when the weather turns cold - I buy a new putter and by the time I get out to golf again there's a newer putter on the market that has piqued my interested (first world internet golfer problems, I know)....

That said I can't get the BoP out of my head. I just love everything I read about it and it sounds like it'll be a club I can keep in the bag for awhile.

I haven't made it to a store to check these out yet but my brain in envisioning a red version of the BOP to be perfect for me. One can dream!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Did you order something special? We have about 10 of these on the shelf at the shop.
Yeah, so the excuse was that Odyssey has shipped all their inventory put to stores. So silly....

I do want to add again I’m on board with Sean about his comments on the Ten as far as golfers who miss left enjoying it, it’s a continuing trend for me.

That is really good info for me. For someone who misses right more, that kinda sways me away from this.

Rolled the 10 today and OMG! This putter is legit! As far as feel off the face, I would describe it somewhere in the middle of the original White-hot Microhinge and a Toulon. I really like it and I had no problem from the minute I picked it up with distance control. I love my DoubleWide but I will be purchasing this for sure this Christmas and it will more than likely be the putter that stays in my bag and then rotate out the DoubleWide and the Vegas from time to time. I couldn't believe how fast I felt comfortable with this putter. Edwin Watts didn't have any BOP so couldn't test it out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Pre-ordered the 10 slant neck and received on 10/25. It's been nothing but great through 2 rounds. Played a tough course in rainy/windy conditions and had 27 putts which was my season best. I've been in the 30-35 range most of the season. Wasn't sure I'd like the firm face but after 9 holes it grew on me and now I love it.

Blown away by the number Ten. It is so incredibly stable and the feel is much improved vs my Exo Marxman. This is a hell of a putter.
I don't have the Marxman but have rolled both the Marxman and the Ten and the Ten had me hooked from the first putt! The Marxman feels great as well but the ten is just....what's the word for it? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! I like the little bit firmer White-hot Microhinge too. I am purchasing one this Christmas!

Pre-ordered the 10 slant neck and received on 10/25. It's been nothing but great through 2 rounds. Played a tough course in rainy/windy conditions and had 27 putts which was my season best. I've been in the 30-35 range most of the season. Wasn't sure I'd like the firm face but after 9 holes it grew on me and now I love it.
This has me more excited to get it in my bag!

I don't have the Marxman but have rolled both the Marxman and the Ten and the Ten had me hooked from the first putt! The Marxman feels great as well but the ten is just....what's the word for it? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! I like the little bit firmer White-hot Microhinge too. I am purchasing one this Christmas!

Yeah the new insert feels much more... reliable? If that makes sense? Like I know what the ball is going to do. Man it keeps lines too.

Yeah the new insert feels much more... reliable? If that makes sense? Like I know what the ball is going to do. Man it keeps lines too.
That makes sense. I really like my DoubleWide but this putter really has my attention. I can't wait to get it in the bag and out to the course with some CSX TT.

Got my FedEx notification that I should be receiving my TEN on Friday. Can’t wait to try it out this weekend.

Got my FedEx notification that I should be receiving my TEN on Friday. Can’t wait to try it out this weekend.

Screw you.

Hoping club champion has the 10's to test out this weekend.

Tried these at Golf Galaxy the other day and I just cannot figure out the new Odyssey inserts from the last few years. The shape and balance of these putters are great but Im just not a big fan of the feel of the inserts at all. Gives me no confidence with distance control.

To be fair, there’s not many inserts I like. Teryllium, GSS, and the new TaylorMade inserts are about the only one I agree with.

Tried these at Golf Galaxy the other day and I just cannot figure out the new Odyssey inserts from the last few years. The shape and balance of these putters are great but Im just not a big fan of the feel of the inserts at all. Gives me no confidence with distance control.

To be fair, there’s not many inserts I like. Teryllium, GSS, and the new TaylorMade inserts are about the only one I agree with.

Well...teryllium and GSS are barely "inserts" more than they are just a different metal material inside another metal material. If those are your baseline for inserts, it sounds like you don't like inserts. :) Also, the new TM inserts tend to be on the firm side, so that also aligns with what you're stating.

That's what is so great about options though!

Haha that makes sense. I like the feedback of a firmer putter.

I’ve tested the TEN and it definitely felt firmer and more feedback, sits really good too. I’m really interested in the BOP, but my local pro shops still haven’t received any. Please keep posting more pictures of the BOP.

I’ve tested the TEN and it definitely felt firmer and more feedback, sits really good too. I’m really interested in the BOP, but my local pro shops still haven’t received any. Please keep posting more pictures of the BOP.

Rolled both today and the BOP is awesome. When I get home I’m gonna see what I have to trade in and get this done.

DF9825E4-08FB-49F8-A4D0-0D047341AABF.jpeg

So with two rounds under my belt with a SL ten in the bag, here are my thoughts FWIW:

Ten insert is firmer than previous SL putters. On faster greens it takes some adjustment to get used to the roll out.

Compared to exo 7 mini, ten doesn’t feel as stable nor as balance during take away. Exo mini soles better FOR ME but the wider footprint is most likely the cause of that.

I finally got these in hand, and I actually might like the original stroke lab insert better ?

I liked the 10, but it didn’t make me want it as much as I thought I would.

Blown away by the number Ten. It is so incredibly stable and the feel is much improved vs my Exo Marxman. This is a hell of a putter.

The EXO Marxman SL is currently about all I could ask for in a putter. Alignment, insert, it has it all. I’ll have to give the 10 a shot
Hoping club champion has the 10's to test out this weekend.

Didn’t I just see a few posts back you trying (unsuccessfully, lol) to avoid this since your miss is to the right.

I finally got these in hand, and I actually might like the original stroke lab insert better ?

I liked the 10, but it didn’t make me want it as much as I thought I would.

I love the SL insert too, not sure how I’d feel about a firmer one.

Back