First Look – Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Bird of Prey and Ten Putters

One of them looks like the other one if it cut gluten out of their diet. Weird.

Look a few posts back, a forum member posted the Exo chart.

Its right in the thick of those, both models are. Which is impressive really.
Ah. I missed that scrolling through on my phone. And I’m actually surprised it is not a higher MOI than the EXO Seven.

Ah. I missed that scrolling through on my phone. And I’m actually surprised it is not a higher MOI than the EXO Seven.
Size likely plays a role there.

haha the instagram comments are hilarious on Odyssey's posts. As if there's never been two other similar looking putters before :unsure:

haha the instagram comments are hilarious on Odyssey's posts. As if there's never been two other similar looking putters before :unsure:
I stand by my comments in the article about the keyboard clackers.:devilish:

Callaway is the big dog in the putter industry, so it's only natural that they have more haters.

Has anyone seen this in hand ? Comments on size relative to spiders?

I was taken back by the size, expecting a larger size than it actually was. It's pretty compact but bigger than toulon memphis.

Size likely plays a role there.
Not having seen them in person I could understand that. I imagined these would be on the larger side but I don’t feel my EXO Seven is super huge.

Not having seen them in person I could understand that. I imagined these would be on the larger side but I don’t feel my EXO Seven is super huge.

Is yours a regular or the mini? The regular EXO seven is pretty big.

Lack of feel/feedback and at best muted sound was what gave my Stroke Lab 2 ball an early release from it's contract. Good Odyssey says this has been improved.

I need to get pictures first.....but surely rolling a couple today at practice would be ok if I'm careful.....

I also want to bring back tot he forefront a little aspect talked about in the review that I 100% guarantee was glossed over.

How they sole when sat at address.

That has been a long time knock of mine on the Spider's when I put mine at address with a light grip they always want to move closed, in fact most high moi mallets have been this way over time. After getting the Ten in hand I immediately sat it address to see what it did, and it stayed square with no manipulation.

Now, I don't think its as big of a thing as Odyssey does to adjust to sit a putter square, but, this does remove a potential variable, and variables are what kill consistent putting.

Is yours a regular or the mini? The regular EXO seven is pretty big.
It’s the regular. I guess I don’t consider it very big since it has a lot of air space behind it. I think the mini looks tiny.

I think I may want the Ten. My arachnophobia kept me from ever wanting the other brand, but I did try the other in the store. I never liked the feel/sound off the face, but I do like the shape. A new putter from Budget Golf is on my Christmas list and I thought it was going to be the EXO Rossie, EXO Marksman or Cleveland Frontline after trying them in the store. I think I will have to roll one of these before I make a decision. Nice write up and I look forward to reading reviews from people that test them.

It’s the regular. I guess I don’t consider it very big since it has a lot of air space behind it. I think the mini looks tiny.
This is well smaller than the regular Exo 7 IMO.

Great writeup, James! That Black Bird of Prey has my full attention! The other one looks somewhat familiar!

Great review @Jman! Those look great i really like both shapes and the black finish.

Beauty write up @Jman. I absolutely love my spider but really intrigued with the stroke lab shaft, with that being said I will own an an odyssey spider before the snow melts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The TEN is super intriguing but that Bird of Prey??? no thanks., awful to look at aesthetically from the top imho

Back