First Look – Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Bird of Prey and Ten Putters

Stroke Lab Black is Here

It’s always an exciting day when we launch new products and today is no exception. Introducing the Stroke Lab Black TEN and Bird of Prey. These Super High MOI multi-material mallets are both aesthetically beautiful and the most forgiving putters we have to offer. Both feature our cutting-edge and industry leading Stroke Lab shaft weight distribution and new Microhinge Star insert.

Stroke Lab TEN has exploded out of the gates on Tour and has been our #1 putter on the PGA TOUR for the last 3 weeks. Phil Mickelson was one of the first players to put a TEN in play and had this to say about it: “The first few putts with the putter I noticed a real difference. It was more stable. What I found was from 6 feet (and) in I was much more efficient.”

Last week at the PGA TOUR’s Houston Open, SEVEN of the Top 10 finishers in Strokes Gained-Putting used Odyssey putters, two of which were TEN’s. One of those players was Talor Gooch who finished T4 for the event and 4th overall in Strokes Gained-Putting. Here’s what Talor Gooch said about his TEN, “It’s the best putter I’ve ever used in regard to speed control. I hit a couple putts with it and the immediate feedback was unlike any putter I’ve ever used. I put it in the bag after hitting just a couple putts. The shape of the head also helps me with my alignment which is crucial."

We are expecting the trend of Stroke Lab Black putters in play on Tour to continue to build. It’s saying something when the #1 Putter in Golf releases a prototype putter (TEN) becoming its #1 played putter on Tour before it even hits the market. We couldn't be more excited to get these putters in the hands of golfers everywhere in the coming months. Pre-order yours today at odysseygolf.com or pick one up at your local golf shop November 1st.

Thanks for your incredible enthusiasm and continued support!

Tony

Stroke-Lab-Black-2019-Family-Trio.jpg

The TEN is super intriguing but that Bird of Prey??? no thanks., awful to look at aesthetically from the top imho
It’s going to do well. At address it’s got all the lines that create a visual confidence for mallet users.

It’s going to do well. At address it’s got all the lines that create a visual confidence for mallet users.

The Ten or the Bird?

Stroke Lab Black is Here

It’s always an exciting day when we launch new products and today is no exception. Introducing the Stroke Lab Black TEN and Bird of Prey. These Super High MOI multi-material mallets are both aesthetically beautiful and the most forgiving putters we have to offer. Both feature our cutting-edge and industry leading Stroke Lab shaft weight distribution and new Microhinge Star insert.

Stroke Lab TEN has exploded out of the gates on Tour and has been our #1 putter on the PGA TOUR for the last 3 weeks. Phil Mickelson was one of the first players to put a TEN in play and had this to say about it: “The first few putts with the putter I noticed a real difference. It was more stable. What I found was from 6 feet (and) in I was much more efficient.”

Last week at the PGA TOUR’s Houston Open, SEVEN of the Top 10 finishers in Strokes Gained-Putting used Odyssey putters, two of which were TEN’s. One of those players was Talor Gooch who finished T4 for the event and 4th overall in Strokes Gained-Putting. Here’s what Talor Gooch said about his TEN, “It’s the best putter I’ve ever used in regard to speed control. I hit a couple putts with it and the immediate feedback was unlike any putter I’ve ever used. I put it in the bag after hitting just a couple putts. The shape of the head also helps me with my alignment which is crucial."

We are expecting the trend of Stroke Lab Black putters in play on Tour to continue to build. It’s saying something when the #1 Putter in Golf releases a prototype putter (TEN) becoming its #1 played putter on Tour before it even hits the market. We couldn't be more excited to get these putters in the hands of golfers everywhere in the coming months. Pre-order yours today at odysseygolf.com or pick one up at your local golf shop November 1st.

Thanks for your incredible enthusiasm and continued support!

Tony

View attachment 8911240

Thanks for dropping by! I love the look of the putters, especially the Bird of Prey.

Also, of the Ten, a very not good picture at address that was done quickly before I had to get back to parent teacher conferences.

97697AA1-1D42-4096-9928-0181ACDAB79E.jpeg

Also, of the Ten, a very not good picture at address that was done quickly before I had to get back to parent teacher conferences.

View attachment 8911241

just love the way it sets up. Would love to see the TEN, Spider, and the like all next to one another fpr a size comparison.

assuming thats a regular spider? not a mini? and yes just like that one lol
That is the X. Smallest of them all (I will never count the Mini as a real Spider).

Rotate that Triple Track :love:
Hahaha! True story, the long Marxman line and the Triple Track together in the 4 holes I played today.....

:oops: (y)

View attachment 8911241

So much more compact than I expected. I am a fan, and I really didn't think i was going to like it that much.

That is the X. Smallest of them all (I will never count the Mini as a real Spider).
HAHA Fair point. So its safe to say the TEN is on the smaller side of what everyone knows as the OG Spider but not as small as the X

So much more compact than I expected. I am a fan, and I really didn't think i was going to like it that much.
I 100% expected full size old school spider.

I was wrong.

HAHA Fair point. So its safe to say the TEN is on the smaller side of what everyone knows as the OG Spider but not as small as the X
Eh, I'd say same size as the X based on that picture. As I mentioned in here, putting them sole to sole, its almost identical.

I was wrong.

I need one to place head to head against the spider I have. That would be a fun battle.

35” #10 Slant neck. That’s what I’ll be eyeing.

I also want to bring back tot he forefront a little aspect talked about in the review that I 100% guarantee was glossed over.

How they sole when sat at address.

That has been a long time knock of mine on the Spider's when I put mine at address with a light grip they always want to move closed, in fact most high moi mallets have been this way over time. After getting the Ten in hand I immediately sat it address to see what it did, and it stayed square with no manipulation.

Now, I don't think its as big of a thing as Odyssey does to adjust to sit a putter square, but, this does remove a potential variable, and variables are what kill consistent putting.

holy crap i thought i was the only one!!! it drives me bonkers. i'm super sensitive to that kind of thing in any club, and it can really mess with my head. if i wasn't already excited to try this putter, now you have me totally pumped!

If I was in the market for another putter, I’d go for the Black Bird over the Black Widow.

@TonyToulon quick follow up question if you have a moment - is there a new SL shaft in these two new offerings? Website labels the shaft as "2gen"

Currently working with BudgetGolf to get a pre order placed on that sexy Stroke Lab 10. Mmmmmmm.

@TonyToulon quick follow up question if you have a moment - is there a new SL shaft in these two new offerings? Website labels the shaft as "2gen"

Noticed that too. Curious on what the change there is if any.

I was wrong.
Interesting...this makes me more open minded to it. I will eventually try both new SL Black offerings but hope to like neither. :LOL:

Back