First Look – Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Bird of Prey and Ten Putters

Hoping to knock out the photo sessions tonight, if so, pics up tomorrow.

Have some initial thoughts on them, but I’m going to save that until I get the pics done.

#Teaser

DSC00984-L.jpg

DSC00991-L.jpg

DSC00983-L.jpg

DSC00966-L.jpg

The spider was a big jump in the right direction for me, so the TEN is right up my alley. Definitely have to get my hands on it to test out the roll

The fact that the white stripe literally connects the white background across the face is crazy. I think that alignment line would help me a lot, which has really only previously been available on Marxmans that I know of, which I’m not a big fan of.

I'm curious if Callaway/Odyssey had to buy the rights to the name "Bird of Prey"?

I like that Bird of Prey shape. The insert is interesting. I thought the WHMH was one of the more former feeling inserts already on the stroke lab. I’m interested in seeing how the star feels.

I've been thinking about this today and this shape with the Microhinge insert could be such a huge seller for Odyssey the next few years. My biggest complaint about the Spider was the insert and that is now completely solved. It will be interesting to see how many people convert from the Spider to this.

The fact that the white stripe literally connects the white background across the face is crazy. I think that alignment line would help me a lot, which has really only previously been available on Marxmans that I know of, which I’m not a big fan of.
Hahaha, I was pretty proud of that! Thought it was a striking image!

Great write-up @Jman I'm looking forward to more pictures as well as hearing your thoughts.

BTW since it was so popular, I thought it was just me when the spider wouldn't sit square.

I woke up this morning thinking about the slant neck ten. I wasn’t excited on day one about these otters but something clearly stuck with me.

I’m course bound for the day here in about an hour and a half. Will play 18 with one and then make the switch. Nothing like straight to the course for initial thoughts, it’s my favorite way to begin a putter review!

Great write-up @Jman I'm looking forward to more pictures as well as hearing your thoughts.

BTW since it was so popular, I thought it was just me when the spider wouldn't sit square.
Thank you my friend.

Nope, not just you at all. It wants to twist at setup which inevitably means you have to manipulate it some to keep it square at address. A lot of mallets are this way though honestly.

Also also, thank goodness for 35” putters for review. Still not my fit, but better than making the 34” work like I did for the SL DW review haha! ;)

I’m course bound for the day here in about an hour and a half. Will play 18 with one and then make the switch. Nothing like straight to the course for initial thoughts, it’s my favorite way to begin a putter review!

Was hoping these would get out today with the GOST. Awesome shots from last night !

Was hoping these would get out today with the GOST. Awesome shots from last night !
Excited to roll the Ten.

I really do think the BoP is getting overlooked. Spent 20 minutes on the Tour Links last night putting it off the toe side and was pretty stunned at the balance and roll.

Excited to roll the Ten.

I really do think the BoP is getting overlooked. Spent 20 minutes on the Tour Links last night putting it off the toe side and was pretty stunned at the balance and roll.
I’m watching it carefully, don’t worry about that. ;):ROFLMAO:

I’m watching it carefully, don’t worry about that. ;):ROFLMAO:
Hahaha, I’ll try to get you a side by side of the two today too brother.

BoP is definitely the bigger footprint.

Excited to roll the Ten.

I will have to see it in person - maybe a fit out at ECPC. Really stoked to hear thoughts on the ten.

Hahaha, I’ll try to get you a side by side of the two today too brother.

BoP is definitely the bigger footprint.
I don’t suppose you have a two ball laying around you could compare it to?

I am surprised that TM isnt suing Odyessy on the Ten. It looks so much like a Spyder. But I guess if that were the case Ping would sue the industry over the copies of the anser.

Man, these putters check a lot of boxes....I’m VERY happy with my current gamer but the temptation is real.

I love my gamer but I've been looking to try out a mallet for a while, I just need to decide which I like better. These are both really good looking, I'd say I'm leaning towards the ten but still on the fence between the two.

I gotta say I'm fascinated by the Bird of Prey putter. Based on the podcast I listened to with Sean, it might be right up my alley. Just as I was 99.9% convinced to get an Frontline Elevado :unsure::oops:

Back