First Look – Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Bird of Prey and Ten Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great write-up James...thank you. Boy, now there are so many options in the SL line. I had my savings targeted towards a Double-wide, now I am going to hold off until I get a chance to “stroke” these 2 entrants. But boy, that Ten looks really good. My friend has one of the other brands similar looking putters and his putting has improved 100% this year, gonna have to give these a very close look. Odyssey just turned up the volume towards making the gap even wider...well done.

Great write up and I’m looking forward to seeing if either of those shapes will work for me.

Great article Jman, Love the 10 with the slant neck option.....

Not a big fan of the ten shape, but oddly enough I dig the bird of prey. Like a lot.

Great write up and a couple new incredible offerings.

Perfect time of year for a new spider, no? ;)

Thanks for taking the time to read, all. There was a SLIGHT postal delay so I’ll not have my ind hand pics up until later tonight. But, feedback will start coming pretty immediately for the actual review.

These really should be conversation starters, and honesty I’m pretty shocked by what the MOI of each putter is, it really isn’t just another mallet and another shape rehash. There is a lot going on here.

That was a great article James. While neither of these shapes really appeals to me I love seeing that they firmed up the insert a little. Hopefully they continue that with the rest of their lineup next year. Those MOI numbers are really impressive also. Between this lineup and the EXO there are some great options for forgiveness and stability from Odyssey.

Great release for Odyssey.

Definitely fills a hole with the ten.

The 5,712 MOI is crazy high - crazy

Really like the Bird of Prey Name as well.

The firmer insert really has me intrigued.

Dig the all black color scheme.

Thanks, @Jman, great review.

Do I need a 4th new putter this year? Hmm, maybe! I’m definitely going to find a way to roll one of these on grass.

Thanks, @Jman, great review.

Do I need a 4th new putter this year? Hmm, maybe! I’m definitely going to find a way to roll one of these on grass.
Thank you! Just a little overview of what’s coming though! The real review will start tonight!

And we always need more putters! You know this!

Awesome write up, Jman - really intrigued by the insert as my one complaint with my exo marxman s is that it’s just too soft and lacks feel, especially on longer putts. Sounds like that problem is solved. Also, crazy MOI numbers !

I have some shop credit, is it insane to order one despite probably getting fit for one in Cali?

Awesome write up, Jman - really intrigued by the insert as my one complaint with my exo marxman s is that it’s just too soft and lacks feel, especially on longer putts. Sounds like that problem is solved. Also, crazy MOI numbers !

I have some shop credit, is it insane to order one despite probably getting fit for one in Cali?
You’re talking to the guy that had did that a lot before the Grandaddy I captained, so I’m the wrong one to ask! Hahaha

You’re talking to the guy that had did that a lot before the Grandaddy I captained, so I’m the wrong one to ask! Hahaha
??‍♂️ Can’t wait to see those pics!

Oh!
Any word on grip improvement over the SL and Exo SL models?

Great write up! I enjoy the look of it and curious if it’ll be a fit for me as I tend to do well with spiders. Looking forward to hear your thoughts once you get it in hand.

That Ten looks ?!!! I was always a blade guy and just made my first foray into a mallet this year with a 7s and an Atlanta, so I’m excited to give this one a try!

I am really digging the Ten in a double bend.

Love the look of the alignment line. I’ve purchased six Odyssey putters so far in 2019 and I will no doubt be adding the 10 to my collection. One more Stroke Lab can’t hurt.:)

Slant neck 10 has my name on it though I still have a one waiting to try out.... i like the subtle vertical lines along with the bold white line.

How's changing the grip on stroke labs considering the back weight?

Great write up @Jman, that Bird Of Prey looks awesome. Might have to give it a whirl at some point.

I like these, especially the 10.

Maybe I missed it but any word on different alignment aid setups for the 10?

I like these, especially the 10.

Maybe I missed it but any word on different alignment aid setups for the 10?

Right now only the marksman-esque alignment. Rest of them are tour only.

Thanks for another great review James. I am really digging the looks of the Bird of Prey.

Back