First Look – Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Bird of Prey and Ten Putters

Yes and no. I've been using the OG Memphis for the last few months so this slots right in. But yeah, big change from where I was a year ago.
Gotcha! Glad to see you in this one, looking forward to your Extended thoughts.

Ain’t she pretty...
.2840DF3A-EA2D-4C3F-AE6B-1405E4DD230B.jpeg

I love the feedback about the insert. I really liked last year's insert but it was still a bit too soft and I felt like it led me to leaving putts short. Hearing that those one is a little more firm is a huge improvement to me.
My last year's SL model didn't last long in the bag for the same reason, and after that the Ping Sigma 2. Not just short, but inconsistent distance with little feedback. I wonder if that could not just be the insert, but partly feel of the SL shaft and the adjustable Ping one?

Too late for me though to consider the new Odyssey. Have hence moved back to a Scotty and prefer the firmer feel. The Wilson Staff Infinite The Bean (face-balanced with milled face) I used later in the season is also a very solid performer, between the two in firmness and really at a bargain price. If not for a large store credit I needed to use up quickly that I used to buy the Scotty I'd still have the Wilson as #1 gamer.

after some prodding, Scott at budget got mine from a 4 week back order last Thursday to it delivering tomorrow..... so I am kind of excited...

I hadn’t dabbled with any SL model except the Exo Seven Mini S and that lasted a week because the golf shop sold it. I will say, I don’t think about the SL shaft/balance now I have the Ten S in the bag. The combination of parts just work superbly together!

Continued work with the double bend 10 in the basement this week and I’m still loving this putter. The stability is insane. Ball wants to hold its line and I much prefer the feel/sound to the softer insert on my exo marxman.

guessing I’d get fit for this or the BoP out in Carlsbad but we shall see.

Was wanting to see the BoP when I went to TGW after lunch but they only had a few Tens out. I like the new insert and seem to putt better with the double bend than the s neck.

Hope you all are up for a wordy article on these two when it goes up.....

Lots to talk about, so I just let it rip on this review. :p

Hope you all are up for a wordy article on these two when it goes up.....

Lots to talk about, so I just let it rip on this review. :p

Between your article and what i'll learn in a few weeks it will be plenty of ammunition to figure out if the Ten makes it into the bag for a bit.

Took a slow-mo video of impact. Not sure if it's worthwhile viewing without any metrics or numbers, but hopefully it shows the great forward roll and stability at impact.
I'm going to work on my video skills.

ba82710b7a351fdcd1ea589e8376841a.jpg

Pretty solid 4 deep right here. BOP is not afraid to mix it up with the incumbent (Exo 7mini) and the firmer feel... I love!

Crazy to say that I ordered a Ten back in early October and STILL have not heard of it shipping. Called the course yesterday for some update, left a message. This is a private country club I ordered it from too....straight embarrassing.

Pass on these huge putters. Interesting about the technology inside and design teams being innovative.

Crazy to say that I ordered a Ten back in early October and STILL have not heard of it shipping. Called the course yesterday for some update, left a message. This is a private country club I ordered it from too....straight embarrassing.

I told you @Ryan_BudgetGolf would take care of you :ROFLMAO:

Pass on these huge putters. ....

Are you comparing them to blades or other mallets? I only ask because the Ten isn't anywhere as big in person, as I was expecting,

I told you @Ryan_BudgetGolf would take care of you :ROFLMAO:
Sorry, but to clarify, I won a pro shop credit at an outing....so there was no option but to spend the money at the course pro shop. Free money so to speak, so I’m not too pi$$ed, but it is very poor customer service.

Reactions: JB
I ordered my lefty BOP Monday from Callaway custom order 2* flat, said 5-7 days backorder, arrived today! What a turnaround.

It sits square and she’s beautiful. Not a fan of some mallets and other putters that seem to fan open at address. Psyched for tomorrow’s round.

C3A1022A-836B-4A0B-BC1E-F2997C5E99B4.jpeg

83A4DD8F-7AE6-4934-8793-F5458FFBD6F5.jpeg

Last edited:
I ordered my lefty BOP Monday from Callaway custom order 2* flat, said 5-7 days backorder, arrived today! What a turnaround.

It sits square and she’s beautiful. Not a fan of some mallets and other putters that seem to fan open at address. Psyched for tomorrow’s round.

View attachment 8915923

View attachment 8915924
IMO, its better than the Ten.

I said it.

But yes, the Ten is still very good.

interesting. the double bend bop still fell open at address for me when i tried it in the store, vs the TEN that sat perfectly square.

interesting. the double bend bop still fell open at address for me when i tried it in the store, vs the TEN that sat perfectly square.
That is interesting. One of the things I really noted in the article I'm finishing up (right now actually, haha) was both the Ten and the BoP sit super square when soled at address. Its been really nice to not have to manipulate them at all when working with them.

I said it.

only rolled the BOP on my mat at home, and I did not miss left once... that has been my buggabo lately. Got the putting gate out and grazed the right side 2 times in maybe 20 rolls, not once did it think of hitting the left.

Going to play saturday and again on Turkey day with it with some practice time in between, so will have a lot more thoughts by this time next week.

That is interesting. One of the things I really noted in the article I'm finishing up (right now actually, haha) was both the Ten and the BoP sit super square when soled at address. Its been really nice to not have to manipulate them at all when working with them.

i'll have to test again, because i liked the bop a lot more than i expected. the ten is great and i could totally game it, but the bop was surprising in a fun way. i'd game it, but only if it sits as square as the ten.

i'll have to test again, because i liked the bop a lot more than i expected. the ten is great and i could totally game it, but the bop was surprising in a fun way. i'd game it, but only if it sits as square as the ten.

Did you test in the BOP in your normal lie and length?

I said it.

That’s fighting words sir!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pass on these huge putters. Interesting about the technology inside and design teams being innovative.

Do you think the current spider line up is “big”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back