What’s New: 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft Hits Retail

I have a round scheduled next week. FINALLY getting the CS20 ball back out on the course. I have Arccos enabled as well, so will be able to provide some distances. It will be fun!

Are you getting a TT putter too?
Not yet. I have been using Triple Track with my EXO Marksman with great results. Swapping Exo Marksman for TT Marksman is a definite ponder IF I end up deciding that the CSTT is my ball for 2020.

I'm looking forward to trying these balls sometime this year.

I need some more spin with my mid irons. I also might tweak the lofts 1.5* weaker to get a little better stopping power. The launch monitor has me get 7-10 yards of run out on my 7 iron. That won’t likely be the case here in Minnesota when it is soft most of the year.

I hope the CSX will give me 500+ more spin with the mid irons.

I need some more spin with my mid irons. I also might tweak the lofts 1.5* weaker to get a little better stopping power. The launch monitor has me get 7-10 yards of run out on my 7 iron. That won’t likely be the case here in Minnesota when it is soft most of the year.

Sounds very doable.

Reading back through and I'm a little bummed that these don't release until right after my Myrtle trip. At least I'll have something to look forward to testing when my local season starts. After falling in love with the CSX TT last year I'm really excited to see how these new models perform this year.

What are your typical numbers with a 7i and do you see that amount of roll on the course, or is it just on a launch monitor that you see the roll out? 7-10 yards of roll seems like a lot unless you are very low spin and a shallow descent angle

Reading back through and I'm a little bummed that these don't release until right after my Myrtle trip. At least I'll have something to look forward to testing when my local season starts. After falling in love with the CSX TT last year I'm really excited to see how these new models perform this year.
They will still be available in June so no worries. :ROFLMAO:

What are your typical numbers with a 7i and do you see that amount of roll on the course, or is it just on a launch monitor that you see the roll out? 7-10 yards of roll seems like a lot unless you are very low spin and a shallow descent angle
These are my average numbers on the launch monitor.
I don’t see that much run out on the course. CB3F500D-BEE4-46E7-8CDD-2FC30D207E99.jpeg
I will wait until the actual season starts to make a change.

I’m bummed I donated mine to The Hideaway...

These are my average numbers on the launch monitor.
I don’t see that much run out on the course. View attachment 8928591
I will wait until the actual season starts to make a change.

Yeah, I would wait until you can get on a course and see what the ball is doing before making any big decisions
I am guessing the 49.4* is the descent angle? If so, I would say that is more than steep enough even if the spin is just below 6k - I would be surprised if you see much roll out with those numbers

Got this ball out today to play. Was 45° when we started and performance is good. Had quite a few chips today that I threw close to the hole and the ball checked up quick and stopped. Had one shot today that playing partner was up on edge of the green and watched the ball come in, said it hopped forward and when it hit it just stopped dead. It is a huge benefit having confidence in the ball you are playing to reach the way you expect when putting a good swing on the ball.
Durability has been fine so far, haven't noticed any cut covers from the new wedges. Bounced one off the cart path today that was fine and kept it in play.

I just called Callaway Rewards to redeem my points for some golf balls. I tried to order the 2019 Chrome Soft X with triple track but they said they didn't have them. They said they only have the Chrome Soft with Triple Track which makes me think they have some of the 2020 on hand. Sure enough when I got the confirmation, it is ordered up as 2020 Chrome Soft with Triple Track on the confirmation email. I usually play the Chrome Soft X as I am a high swing speed player but am willing to give these a sleeve of these a try since I am getting them for free. If I don't like them, I'll pass them onto someone else or cut all them open to look for off centered cores (that last line was a joke).

Played the G Truvis today. The 2020 ball is so much better in every way for me than previous ten ball. Ball is longer on center hits, plenty of spin on wedge shots, and stops quick. Durability wise I haven't seen any issues so far even with new wedges.
Ready for this ball to hit the shelves in a few weeks and get my order placed.

Played the G Truvis today. The 2020 ball is so much better in every way for me than previous ten ball. Ball is longer on center hits, plenty of spin on wedge shots, and stops quick. Durability wise I haven't seen any issues so far even with new wedges.
Ready for this ball to hit the shelves in a few weeks and get my order placed.

A few places (like Dick’s) have a pre-sale date of 3-3-2020.

I can’t wait to get my hands on these. Looking forward to coupling up with the Mavrik.
From what I’m hearing from the GD guys I think I’m going to be pleased with the CSTT/Mavrik combination👍

I still have a bunch of Chrome Soft X left, but I'm excited to try the 2020 Chrome Soft as soon as I can.

I'm in Florida for a month so I'll be able to put these to the test when I can get my hands on some.

my round with the cs20 went pretty well. it's so hard to tell right now whether the cs20 is giving me better distance than the cs18. working on my swing, cold and windy day, first round in like 6 weeks, you never know. I found the cs18 to launch very low for me, but my low launch/low spin tendencies were a result of some swing issues that we are correcting. so while I would say cs20 launched better than I recall cs18 launching, that could be swing related.

I saw some pretty bonkers spin on approach shots with the cs20, particularly with wedges. I had several 3/4 shots juice back considerably.

durability also seemed to be very good.

once I have my swing in a better place, i'm really curious to see how these perform. tee seems to be great distance. greenside performance is outstanding. feel, perfect for me. I'm using arccos again this year, so hopefully i'll be able to get an idea of iron distances, because that was my only complaint about cs18: short iron distances.

I’m very much in the market for a new regular gamer this year. I’m going to give everything a try, but I have a feeling that the CS20 will be the ball for me this year.

Pre-order is up on Callaway’s website. I ordered 3 dozen CS White Triple Track and 1 dozen CS Yellow Triple Track. Was looking to order CSx Triple Track but they were not available but the product info was up.

Can’t wait to try these but man, I have so many prior gen CS to use up or sell first.

Ordered.

Back