First Look: Aldila RIP-X Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Sneak Peek at a shaft coming soon from Aldila.

The Aldila RIP line is bordering on iconic with how much success it had both on tour and in golfers' bags. A new model, called RIP-X will be coming in 2020 and is already picking up wins on tour. We wanted to get a sneak peek, so sat down with Zane at Aldila for an early Tech Talk edition of THP TV.

Very cool to see the iconic name return.

So for someone that liked the Rogue but battled with launch being too low, would this be more or less useful?

Micro Mamba...interesting name. Love the look

• Admin
So for someone that liked the Rogue but battled with launch being too low, would this be more or less useful?

Possibly? If it were Rogue Silver and you liked the feel, I would probably say Rogue Black.
If you thought it felt a bit stiff, or wanted something that feels a bit different, I would say this.

Possibly? If it were Rogue Silver and you liked the feel, I would probably say Rogue Black.
If you thought it felt a bit stiff, or wanted something that feels a bit different, I would say this.
I tried the silver and it felt like swinging a tire iron, unless I really stepped on it.

• Admin
I tried the silver and it felt like swinging a tire iron, unless I really stepped on it.

I have not swung a tire iron, but it sounds horrible.
This might be right up your alley. Although knowing your game a bit, you might want to check out Quaranta Sapphire. Really good shaft in lighter weight that people who test enjoy.

I have not swung a tire iron, but it sounds horrible.
This might be right up your alley. Although knowing your game a bit, you might want to check out Quaranta Sapphire. Really good shaft in lighter weight that people who test enjoy.
I’ll check that out. Thanks!

Classic name from a classic company!

The RIP beta was one of my all time favorite shafts, remember it from my Cobra MC driver.

Solid shaft, gamed that shaft in 2 different drivers over 3 years. Good to see it return

The first "real" driver I bought was an Adams 9064 (if I'm recalling the model correctly) with a RIP alpha shaft and I have wondered during my driving woes if I should go back to it. I really liked the feel of the shaft/head combo and hit some great drives with it.

What? The return of a legend! Added the mamba tech in there to boot. Aldila is bringing some heat. 2 of 3 Rouge shafts and now this.

I could see myself picking up a couple Aldila shafts next season to toy around with.

What? The return of a legend! Added the mamba tech in there to boot. Aldila is bringing some heat. 2 of 3 Rouge shafts and now this.

I could see myself picking up a couple Aldila shafts next season to toy around with.

I think this line is going to be pretty darn popular.

I gamed the old Rip for a season in the past. Enjoyed the shaft and loved how it felt, but found it spun too much for me. I’ll be keeping an eye out on this one.

Another win this week.

With the success on tour, I am wondering if Aldila rolls this one out a bit early.

Big fan of anything Aldila has to offer. These look to be no different

So this one is prepped, but can’t decide if it goes into my FW Wood or tip it with a Callaway adapter and drop it in the Flash.

So this one is prepped, but can’t decide if it goes into my FW Wood or tip it with a Callaway adapter and drop it in the Flash.
Gotta go driver! At least I would for no other reason than the need to tinker.

I've been looking at RIP Alpha a lot this past week but this updated version has me intrigued. These were popping into quite a fee bags before everything shut down.

Have these hit retail yet?

Driver shafts are quickly becoming a thing for me.. I know there are many that have more but this has all happened in less than a year. I now have 6 different shafts.... And I want this one too.

Back