First Look: Bushnell Launch Pro and Foresight GC3 Launch Monitor

This could be a real gamechanger. I've played the SkyTrax at our school (still don't understand why we couldn't have gotten better launch monitors for the amount they have in donors/endowment but anyway). If we were to make a home sim someday soon, we would probably be relegated to the Sky Trax and Mevo + (and I was leaning toward the Mevo after my experiences with the ST), but if this guy comes in even a few thousand more than Sky Trax, it would be a huge deal for us. We could actually make it happen.

I dare you.;)
I can be petty and just might now. But in all seriousness I have been on the edge of my seat for the past week waiting on pricing.

Word on the street tis...... Thursday.

Word on the street tis...... Thursday.

The whole ordeal is kind of hilarious but we shall wait and see. Looking forward to that pricing discussion.

The whole ordeal is kind of hilarious but we shall wait and see. Looking forward to that pricing discussion.
It definitely is. I am guessing my reaction with either super excited or super frustrated. No in between for me with all the waiting.

I don’t think they’ve done themselves to many favors so far with the marketing of this product.

But, I’m sure all can be forgiven if the product is solid (sounds like it is from early what we’ve heard here so far), and the price is right.

I don’t think they’ve done themselves to many favors so far with the marketing of this product.

But, I’m sure all can be forgiven if the product is solid (sounds like it is from early what we’ve heard here so far), and the price is right.

at this point i have concerns about inventory. already hearing about preorders being taken. personally, i'm on a golf spending moratorium so i won't be buying any time soon. i'll definitely still follow along because i'm excited to learn more, if only for curiosity.

at this point i have concerns about inventory. already hearing about preorders being taken. personally, i'm on a golf spending moratorium so i won't be buying any time soon. i'll definitely still follow along because i'm excited to learn more, if only for curiosity.
Honestly if they had not allowed THP to run with the first third of our video, none of this “bad roll out” talk exists in my opinion.

It’s why we honor embargo’s and hate early pics because at the end of the day, nobody wins. Companies get blasted (sometimes rightfully so and other times not) and golfers want info asap, but then get upset when item is not available immediately too.

Its a really tough spot to be in. We asked to go with it and they allowed a part of it. I’m second guessing myself on doing that and probably should have just waited for the final date.

Honestly if they had not allowed THP to run with the first third of our video, none of this “bad roll out” talk exists in my opinion.

It’s why we honor embargo’s and hate early pics because at the end of the day, nobody wins. Companies get blasted (sometimes rightfully so and other times not and golfers want info asap, but then get upset when item is not available immediately too.

Its a really tough spot to be in. We asked to go with it and they allowed a part of it. I’m second guessing myself on doing that and probably should have just waited for the final date.

You make a fair point here. I can understand the debate about wanting to get out what info you have, as soon as you can, to generate some buzz.

It’s why we honor embargo’s and hate early pics because at the end of the day, nobody wins. Companies get blasted (sometimes rightfully so and other times not) and golfers want info asap, but then get upset when item is not available immediately too.

I don’t think that’s true. They announced the thing over two months ago and have been feeding hype emails to people ever since, all the while sending out units to pros and others in the industry yet refusing to give or allow any firm or useful details about the unit to consumers.

In short, this “bad rollout” vibe goes way beyond the THP video - that just made it worse (I’m sure it’s not your guys’ fault at all, but that video provided nothing we didn’t already have, which is par for the course on this rollout/more of the same).

while I appreciate you acknowledging the unintended consequences of THP exclusive looks, I think any backlash just stems from the fact that golfers are worried that even though 2 different monitor options are being offered that 90% of golfers will be priced out.

not saying that’s the case, and it could be totally affordable. But I think everyone is on the edge of their seats because they don’t want to be strung out hoping there will be an option in their budget only to be presented with another 5 figure price tag.

I don’t think that’s true. They announced the thing over two months ago and have been feeding hype emails to people ever since, all the while sending out units to pros and others in the industry yet refusing to give or allow any firm or useful details about the unit to consumers.

In short, this “bad rollout” vibe goes way beyond the THP video - that just made it worse (I’m sure it’s not your guys’ fault at all, but that video provided nothing we didn’t already have, which is par for the course on this rollout/more of the same).
Sending teaser info out and supplying media and industry with items is not anything new and happens with literally every release of every piece of golf equipment that comes out. Sometimes 3-6 months ahead of time.

Heck, our THP Events, that we do 12 of each year, do the same thing, but for golfers.

Im not saying it was perfect, far from it, but outside of our video, literally nothing exists from the company. Tons of misinformation and a few nuggets of trickled out on message boards and such, but nothing from the company. Which is very similar to most equipment.

Other companies are running unboxings tomorrow so even though THP was first the thirst for knowledge is going to be in overdrive building up to Thursday.

Sending teaser info out and supplying media and industry with items is not anything new and happens with literally every release of every piece of golf equipment that comes out. Sometimes 3-6 months ahead of time.
Comparing this to a run of the mill golf equipment release doesn’t make a lot of sense. This is high end tech, a once-in-five-years type of release for the company and the range of conceivable specs and pricing is gigantic. When a company releases new irons, for instance, they’re doing it every year or every other year and everyone knows within $100 what they’ll cost and basically what they’ll be like. It’s categorically different.

Comparing this to a run of the mill golf equipment release doesn’t make a lot of sense. This is high end tech, a once-in-five-years type of release for the company and the range of conceivable specs and pricing is gigantic. When a company releases new irons, for instance, they’re doing it every year or every other year and everyone knows within $100 what they’ll cost and basically what they’ll be like. It’s categorically different.
It’s a niche product. Times are different right now. For whatever reason they decided to hold the info back a little bit. We’re not talking a delay of monthsCould be something as simple as their marketing department needed a little more time to prepare. Could be that production saw a minor set back.

In any event, it is what it is. Product launches in this space are few and far between. No set guidelines and they’re not launching a new product every year or two. I have no doubt that thp already has the info ready and are going to drop it as soon as they have the all clear.

They’re still doing better than the Full Swing Kit haha. I think they were taking deposits a year ago and still no word on launch.

The title of the page is Launch Pro and GC3. This video is all about the GC3 and really didn't go through any of the data you get from the CG3. Did I miss something here?

Curious: Anyone know what a GC4 goes for?

Back